Lukas 7900 ACE - "Err 002"

DJF3

Reaction score
Team,

Very frequently I start getting "Err002" error messages.

When looking at the recordings on the flash card I see
- recording 175Mb
- recording 175Mb
- recording 175Mb

.....(Err002 message)
- recordings 2.4 Mb
- recordings 2.4 Mb
- recordings 2.4 Mb
- recordings 2.4 Mb

Sometimes it seems to recover itself from this scenario but the time before that happens seems random.
Just before recovering to the normal recording file sizes it seems to restart.

Flash card: original Lukas 32GB flash card (purchased in 2013)
Dashcam: Lukas LK-7900 ACE (AC37)

Any idea?

Last edited:
Every time I have had an error it has been a card issue and it has been fixed by doing a format. It said recording failure 2 each time...and I want to say it said the same thing...err002. If a format doesn't correct it, which I assume you've done, then I would try a new card...
I've only had my camera about 13 months.

Err2 is a format error and a reformat should solve it. Jokin and Randy are correct...it's time to replace the card. Cards are considered a consumable. You got 3 years out of the card so it's time. Also remember to format on a regular basis to keep things working as they should.

Everytime I gas up, in-cam format the SD card. But I find the in-cam "format" is really a delete function - It leaves event records untouched and sometimes I still have old 'always' data afterwards. Sort of a mess. This is on a few different SD cards. If your filesystem is corrupt, it doesn't fix anything.

So, I occasionally do LOW LEVEL formats (not quick) on the SD card.

The Ace Viewer formats to FAT32/64K allocation unit size.
Win7 chosing exFAT and 64K allocation unit, then copying back the config.bin file to the card- works for me.

Back