How do you get the "free" F770 Mobile Dashcam Viewer?

knapp7

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I went to my iPhone's App Store to download Thinkware's Dashcam Viewer for my F770, and see that it cost $4.99. Thinkware's' web site says it's a free app. The App says it is free too. But as soon as I click "get" and sign on with my Apple password, I'm asked to verify my payment method for the $4.99 charge. So is it free or does it really cost 5 bucks??

I've never known it be charged and it should be 100% free! I can't really double check as we are in the UK. Any chance of uploading a screenshot (of the cost in app store) please and i will forward it to Korea for them to investigate?

I can't generate the screen shot because the app is installed on the phone now. When I hit "open' on the App Store page it activates the app on the phone now instead of starting the download process.

However if you scroll down on this page to the 1 star Customer Review (by by Adam Potgieter) and click on More, you can read where someone else also complained about the $4.99:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dashcam-viewer/id962249167?mt=8

I got to the above link from this Thinkware site:

http://www.thinkware.com/Products/AppandSoftware/MobileViewer

Can you check the version of the App please, it should be version 2.1.8

Under App info, it says: Current version V 2.1.8 (599)

Thanks @knapp7 - As far as any of us know it should be free however we are still awaiting a reply from Korea regarding it our main contact is on Leave at present but hopefully his colleague will reply. I will update you when we know for sure......

Thinkware say it should be free too and they are looking into it. I think the App Store has made an error as it says free until you try and download it.

I doubt there is anything "free" on the Apple App store. The "code" built into everything apple is to charge for it.

I doubt there is anything "free" on the Apple App store.
Well you'd be wrong then.

Now perhaps you might twist the meaning to claim free apps aren't really "free" because the user has to own an Apple product to use it, but that's delving into argumentative contortionism and is irrelevant to the point of the thread.

Maddog, thanks for going to all that work on my behalf. I have no doubt that the app is indeed free, and that there is simply a glitch in the system somewhere (or my phone perhaps) that caused this problem.

Thinkware have come back saying they have checked America & Canada and the App has always been FREE. Is anyone able to recheck this in the USA for me please?

My feeling is the App store may have had an error.....

Back