Issues with parking mode

TMB

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Dash Cam
Thinkware F770, BlackVue DR500GW
Hi there.

I have a couple of annoying issues with my F770 running the latest firmware.

Issue #1
I have a hardwired setup with parking mode set to motion detection recording.
When looking at the parking mode recordings, the clip appears a bit slow in FPS (although not as slow as timelapse mode) and not as smooth as the "continous" recordings.

Issue #2
Is there any way to disable the "event" detection while in parking mode? I have set the sensitivity to the minimum, but still a simple, normal opening/closing of the car's doors trigger an event recording which renders the parking mode recording obsolete because the event clip suddenly cuts off and there is time in between before the normal parking mode recording continues (event though there is motion in the picture).

Any inputs?

1) Yes thats correct, the frame rate and bitrate gets cut in half in Parking mode

2) The doors trigger mine too but i just checked mine and cant find this issue. The shock sensor recorded file seamlessly connects to the following motion detection recorded file.

Make sure there is motion and the motion sensitivity isnt set too low.

I wouldn't disable the event detection in parking mode due to your opening/closing of the door.
If you think about it, that's a pretty big impact and if someone's car hit you with the same level of impact you would want that tagged as an event.

The delay switching between parking mode and continuous mode will be there even if no events are detected

The doors trigger my event record also but it doesn't barther me. I drive a pickup and my event record also goes off driving over train tracks or big bumps depending on how fast I'm going.

1) Yes thats correct, the frame rate and bitrate gets cut in half in Parking mode

But the files are still same size even with half the FPS and bitrate?

No its smaller. Also parking mode recordings are 20 seconds each.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S F770 2
X F770 0
HaydenP F770 3
Rac Man F770 2
R F770 10
Back