omegamoto

Reaction score
Country
Zimbabwe
Dash Cam
Hero 4/5, SJCAM M20/SJ7, Sony X1000V

Last edited:
I thought you were going to move to GoPro cameras because you didn't like the exposure on the Git2... You must really like the Git2 if you have bought 4 more of them!

Just send my git2 back with batterie problems...and I'm waiting that git3 camera arrive at home to make a review...

I have readed this last months an increasing amount of hardware problem in the Git2 (battery life, buttons, bricked cameras, etc) which makes me think wtf is going on with GitUp products?
I've just had a look at last months Git2 threads, considering that it was the month after Christmas there are remarkably few problem threads! Maybe you have been finding them on other forums?

There was a new battery released before Christmas with increased capacity, maybe there were a few teething problems with the quality control, but I don't see lots of complaints on this forum or another I checked?

this just shows they are back now, your previous pic of the same two days ago showed they hadn't been on since the end of last year, now that they are back to work they have 5 weeks worth of notifications and questions to work through, the forum here has plenty of replies from them dealing directly with people previously to get any issues sorted, there's nothing yet to suggest that anything that has happened while they have been away will not be addressed, you seem to want to make out otherwise for whatever reason, perhaps at least give @gitup some time to follow up with anyone here that is looking for help before you start criticizing them

View attachment 29096

It's as funny as abvious (your childish attitude) on how you quote small irrelevant fragments on this thread attempting to avoid the main problem over the table.

@Nigel @jokiin are pretty selective when quoting...when selective means "let's avoid topics about things we haven't fixed yet or even discovered it's cause".

Which topics? these:

• Batteries with poor autonomy / not charging at all
  • Screens going blank all of a sudden
  • Broken buttons under normal use
  • Bricked cameras
  • False release dates for smartphone APP
  • False release dates for Git3
  • Defective products passing QC

Holidays?

View attachment 29095

Gitup is not perfect nor any company. Each has its strength and weakness. Given the low cost of Gitup, my expectation is lesser than other bigger brand. I have 2 Git1 and 1 Git2 and none of the issues you mentioned above is happening to me (fingers crossed). The app delay is the only issue that applies to me. Even if it’s out know, there are many issues with it. I don’t recall Gitup ever promising Git3 release date. Do you have any link?

Let's clarify the last activity screenshots...

On DCT = dec/2016

On gitup forum = jan/feb 2017.

I was pointing to the lack of support. If they are on vacation is fine, i understand that, but...

I don't conceive a serious company having it's support forums in charge of just one person.

Neither, justifying the lack of support because of holidays.

Do you imagine that on every company? Come on, be serious please.

At least leave an oficial message before you leave...two fingers of forehead

Read my post again, there's no bad intentions in what i said but just my POV exposed. I was expecting some talk about it but, as usual, just silly justifications, irrelevant quotes, Nigel & jokiin defending every thing about GitUp and so on.

Holidays?

I don’t know any other similar size company to compare it to but Gitup is a China company that only has support in China. It’s not fair to compare it to GoPro or SJCam where they have offices in different places. Chinese New Year is the biggest holiday in China and nothing is open during those days (like Christmas in US).

Nigel & jokiin defending every thing about GitUp and so on.

oddly enough you keep posing questions about what Gitup need to give answers to yet you keep tagging me and @Nigel, if you want answers to your questions then tag @gitup and ask them directly, I don't believe the things you are complaining about are widespread issues but you seem to have a different opinion

Not to mention the fact that GitUp and Street guardian are two completely independent companies, and when you consider that viofo owns GitUp, that makes them (viofo and Street guardian) competitors. So jokiin has zero obligation to even visit the gitup forums, nevermind respond to anything here. He just does it because he's a nice guy who likes helping people.

View attachment 29096
It's as funny as abvious (your childish attitude) on how you quote small irrelevant fragments on this thread attempting to avoid the main problem over the table.

Jokiin is a manufacturer. He is not with gitup.

Would you expect the head of GM to know everything about Ford or Chrysler?
Do not expect anyone from one company to handle problems for a different company.

I have readed this last months an increasing amount of hardware problem in the Git2 (battery life, buttons, bricked cameras, etc) which makes me think wtf is going on with GitUp products?

People has lost some faith because of app delay, hardware problems, Git3's uncertain future and for those non acomplished deadlines regarding again to app development and new models.

And you attacked me for reporting that my Git 2 had a problem that you accused me of causing through rough usage. What a hypocrite!

We also have a car dash camera product line, so always busy.
If some one's camera have issue, can submit support ticket via official website.

I will take some time to read all of unread posts.
We have roadmap for our action cams and dash cams, so not only one model in 2017.

Regarding SJcam, thanks to some smart guys introduced the brand to them, and do marketing and support to them in early time, so they grow fast then others.

Back