How to Fix Freeze or stuck or hang on welcome screen ( VIOFO )

AkarshMalikal

Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Dash Cam
VIOFO A118C with 32gb Sandisk ultra.
Hello,

Recently purchased Viofo A118C via gearbest.com, Was very glad to see and feel my first Dash Cam. It's a brilliant device with value for money. Installed on my car was driving around after an hour. I notice the Dash cam was stuck while recording. I turn off and turn on the dvr start making welcome tone and stuck/Freeze/Hang with Welcome Message ( VIOFO ) and nothing further happens.
20170306_170457.jpg
Tried removal of memory card and reset didn't work.

Finally plan to open up and fix myself. If you facing this issue, Kindly follow my guidance.

unscrew the 4 phillips head screw. One screw is under the S/N Sticker.
20170309_133348.jpg

Lift the under body from the usb facing side and release under the camera lens. Remove it peacefully as the speaker is stick with the back panel. Pulling it hard may break the wire from motherboard.
20170309_133309.jpg

Slowly lift the capacitor towards the wall as show in the image.
20170309_133237.jpg

unplug the strip cable ( Yellow looking wire ) by releasing the black latch by lifting it towards opposite side of the strip cable.
20170309_133119.jpg

Remove the 2 phillips head screw from the camera housing.
20170309_133110.jpg

pull out the tabs ( used to move the camera lens ) from both the ends.

20170309_122146.jpg

now check both the ends of the strip cable, whether they are completely inserted into the slot and locked with black latch. If not remove it and reinstall it.
20170309_122102.jpg

Before repacking check DVR by connecting it to LAPTOP or charger. Once it start working repack it.

Note :- No need to connect any connection to DVR like show in my images. FYI the other end was not connected :)

Hello,

Recently purchased Viofo A118C via gearbest.com, Was very glad to see and feel my first Dash Cam. It's a brilliant device with value for money. Installed on my car was driving around after an hour. I notice the Dash cam was stuck while recording. I turn off and turn on the dvr start making welcome tone and stuck/Freeze/Hang with Welcome Message ( VIOFO ) and nothing further happens.
View attachment 29624
Tried removal of memory card and reset didn't work.

Finally plan to open up and fix myself. If you facing this issue, Kindly follow my guidance.

unscrew the 4 phillips head screw. One screw is under the S/N Sticker.
View attachment 29625

Lift the under body from the usb facing side and release under the camera lens. Remove it peacefully as the speaker is stick with the back panel. Pulling it hard may break the wire from motherboard.
View attachment 29626

Slowly lift the capacitor towards the wall as show in the image.
View attachment 29628

unplug the strip cable ( Yellow looking wire ) by releasing the black latch by lifting it towards opposite side of the strip cable.
View attachment 29627

Remove the 2 phillips head screw from the camera housing.
View attachment 29629

pull out the tabs ( used to move the camera lens ) from both the ends.

View attachment 29630

now check both the ends of the strip cable, whether they are completely inserted into the slot and locked with black latch. If not remove it and reinstall it.
View attachment 29631

Before repacking check DVR by connecting it to LAPTOP or charger. Once it start working repack it.

Note :- No need to connect any connection to DVR like show in my images. FYI the other end was not connected :)
Maybe I missed it, but did you fix it and what was the issue?

The issue was with strip cable ( Yellow cable) it was not connected properly. Yes i fixed it and tested working well.

20170309_133544.jpg

Saved my bacon you did sir, thank you sooooooo much!!!!

Although, I ordered a 119s before I seen this thread, so the 118 will be on the rear window.....

Thank you again sir, dash cam working good as new....

I have tried check this method..nothing :(

I've been doing this every 6 weeks or so as it keeps coming back. Anyone else experiencing this also? :(

Back