Another pink brick - Black Power Version

jonat2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi,

I bought a Xiaomi Yi DashCam - Black - 130° - 30fps - Chinese version

I didn't know before that there was different version of it and went straight to changing it to the US version.

When I reached the engmode screen I wasn't able to pick any option. I closed everything and the next day I tried to open it. I got the Pink Screen.

I tried to format the SDCard, add the SN.txt file with US version, CN version. Nothing.
I tried to reformat the SDCard and tried with FWCARC12.bin only. Nothing, the yellow light doesn't blink.
I tried to reformat the SDCard, add the SN.txt, add the engmode, add the AAA222CCC.txt, Nothing.

I don't know what to do anymore.. is the UART thing is my last option? I don't have the USB to TTL serial converter module... I am scared that if I do that.. I make it way worst..

Any ideas?
S/N: CC11BACNBG1644

Hi,

I bought a Xiaomi Yi DashCam - Black - 130° - 30fps - Chinese version

I didn't know before that there was different version of it and went straight to changing it to the US version.

When I reached the engmode screen I wasn't able to pick any option. I closed everything and the next day I tried to open it. I got the Pink Screen.

I tried to format the SDCard, add the SN.txt file with US version, CN version. Nothing.
I tried to reformat the SDCard and tried with FWCARC12.bin only. Nothing, the yellow light doesn't blink.
I tried to reformat the SDCard, add the SN.txt, add the engmode, add the AAA222CCC.txt, Nothing.

I don't know what to do anymore.. is the UART thing is my last option? I don't have the USB to TTL serial converter module... I am scared that if I do that.. I make it way worst..

Any ideas?
S/N: CC11BACNBG1644
You need to search more in this forum,someone had the same problem like you.I have a Yi international edition(gray) and no problem with my US firmware.

I feel like I already tried everything on this forum EXCEPT the TTL to USB. I am just not too fond to open it. I'd really appreciate finding a way to reset it without TTL (and the fact that I'll have to buy a TTL to USB connector)

I feel like I already tried everything on this forum EXCEPT the TTL to USB. I am just not too fond to open it. I'd really appreciate finding a way to reset it without TTL (and the fact that I'll have to buy a TTL to USB connector)
I wish to you that you find a way to fix a problem you have with your dashcam shortly.Sorry,I couldn't help you more.:(

I just want to follow-up on this. I finally figured out how to unbrick my Dash Cam.

First: I was using a 64Gb microSD, CC11B support 64Gb and I used it when I bricked it so I overlook the requirement about the 32Gb thinking that doesn't apply to me. Using the 64Gb, the yellow light never flash while trying to update firmware.

Thanks to "doc99" that said : "64 GB card is not supported for firmware update"

Then, using a 32Gb MicroSD, I followed "Tran chung" tutorial:

download firmware and update firmware to cam: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/images/CC11B/FWCARC12.bin
intruction up firmware: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/firmware.html
8-32G Class10 Micro SD card
Upgrade steps:
First, first in the format SD card .
On the PC, select the FAT32 file system and the 64KB allocation
unit size.
1. Download the firmware FWCARC12.bin to the SD card root directory, to ensure that The file name is FWCARC12.bin
2. Insert the SD card into the tan drive recorder version of the power card slot
3. Connect the power to start the driving recorder power version
4. Idle driving recorder power version of the lower right corner yellow light flashing, but the screen will not Bright
(if you do not see the yellow light flashing, please use the paper to poke the right side of the fuselage USB port below the Reset hole)
5. Wait for 1-5 minutes, the small ant traffic recorder power version will complete the upgrade and start successfully
6. Start success Please use the dummy driving recorder power version format SD card, otherwise the next start will enter the upgrade process.
* Note: the entire upgrade process do not shut down or power off

After up firmware your cam display still in pink screen error language. Then follow steps:
1. Create 2 empty files with notepad with filenames:
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
2. Create SN.txt take the serial number from the unit only 14 digits start from the left (original CN S/N).
3. Copy 3 file to micro SDcard, insert the micro SDcard in the camera and connect power. And wait display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.

Hi,
I tried to do this, but when I see the pink screen error language, and I put SD with the 3 files nothing is happenning...
Please help me :cry:

Thanks so much for the helpful info. Just saved me from buying another dashcam.

I just want to follow-up on this. I finally figured out how to unbrick my Dash Cam.

First: I was using a 64Gb microSD, CC11B support 64Gb and I used it when I bricked it so I overlook the requirement about the 32Gb thinking that doesn't apply to me. Using the 64Gb, the yellow light never flash while trying to update firmware.

Thanks to "doc99" that said : "64 GB card is not supported for firmware update"

Then, using a 32Gb MicroSD, I followed "Tran chung" tutorial:

download firmware and update firmware to cam: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/images/CC11B/FWCARC12.bin
intruction up firmware: http://www.xiaoyi.com/yi_dash_camera/firmware.html
8-32G Class10 Micro SD card
Upgrade steps:
First, first in the format SD card .
On the PC, select the FAT32 file system and the 64KB allocation
unit size.
1. Download the firmware FWCARC12.bin to the SD card root directory, to ensure that The file name is FWCARC12.bin
2. Insert the SD card into the tan drive recorder version of the power card slot
3. Connect the power to start the driving recorder power version
4. Idle driving recorder power version of the lower right corner yellow light flashing, but the screen will not Bright
(if you do not see the yellow light flashing, please use the paper to poke the right side of the fuselage USB port below the Reset hole)
5. Wait for 1-5 minutes, the small ant traffic recorder power version will complete the upgrade and start successfully
6. Start success Please use the dummy driving recorder power version format SD card, otherwise the next start will enter the upgrade process.
* Note: the entire upgrade process do not shut down or power off

After up firmware your cam display still in pink screen error language. Then follow steps:
1. Create 2 empty files with notepad with filenames:
engmode
AAA222CCC.txt
2. Create SN.txt take the serial number from the unit only 14 digits start from the left (original CN S/N).
3. Copy 3 file to micro SDcard, insert the micro SDcard in the camera and connect power. And wait display show s/n, turn off power and restart. Done.

Back