SG9665GC ( V3 ) Vs SG9665XS

I will capture some nice sunshine footage tomorrow :)

The XS feel like a sturdy little camera, like a brick, and here as a Dane i am not thinking Lego brick :D feels like you can take it put your back into it and throw it thru a window.

interesting. I never thought about comparison. Thanks :)

I will capture some nice sunshine footage tomorrow :)

The XS feel like a sturdy little camera, like a brick, and here as a Dane i am not thinking Lego brick :D feels like you can take it put your back into it and throw it through a window.

Observation: Overall I like the XS imaging better, but when stopped behind car the other cam (GC) had a very slight edge on the license plate. At least that is how I feel about it on my monitor.
AT one point in the video the XS went kind of dark and the GC didn't quite as much.

Same sunny drive as seen from SJ6 Legend 1440p

Observation: Overall I like the XS imaging better, but when stopped behind car the other cam (GC) had a very slight edge on the license plate. At least that is how I feel about it on my monitor.
AT one point in the video the XS went kind of dark and the GC didn't quite as much.

when you do side by side with any two cameras you'll often see situations where one is doing better than the other in some way

Taking the light level down a notch or two, so enter Randers town at night.

The 2 full frame videos used for the head 2 head above will follow later today, also i have files with even lower light levels and this is where the GC really shine compared with the XS.

Last edited:
Taking the light level down a notch or two, so enter Randers town at night.

The 2 full frame videos used for the head 2 head above will follow later today, also i have files with even lower light levels and this is where the GC really shine compared with the XS.

That was a really good comparison in night. The first thing that struck me was the clarity of the GC. One noticeable thing that stood out for me was while in the traffic circle the buildings in the background are definitely clearer, and the building on the right has a plywood boarded window that I could tell with the GC but not really with the XS.
Gabacho is right, you really do great camera comparison layouts. That's awesome for a "shy" fellow like yourself :):D.

This time i rubbed my windscreen down really good inside and out, i have to admit i have never been good at that, only became a little bit better as i dove into dashcams.

My windscreen is scratched up really bad, i dont know why but this car seem much worse than all other cars i have owned.
It could off course also just be my dashcam addiction that make me notice such things now.

Okay to hell with all the light, or that is the headlights on my car at least.
So this i think is my testing spot for really low light testing, there are a little light, so its not all darkness and there are windows and so on to judge what camera can do what in this conditions.

You have to wait a little for the footage to go no lights.

It look like the XS actually do best with the low light colors, not that this is bothering me in any way, same as with daytime footage, i dont really mind if the sky get a little washed out as the camera focus on whats important to me down on road level.
So colors correctness in low light or for that matter daylight dont bother me that much as long as they are not completely off, and anyway with SG they are probably aware of such things and "quietly" working in the background to make it better.

With my down to earth feelings about what dashcams should and can do for me, then the low budget XS is actually just fine., cuz if you look it as a logger of your own driving it do just fine, and in a dispute your driving is probably what will be focused on, and so having some XS footage you can disproof at least the most outrageous claims against you.
And by doing so probably prove that what the other part is claiming/ lying about is probably just to cover his own mistakes.

So i think if the XS keep up the high Street Guardian standards for operational safety, and paired with their outstanding customer care & service, well then it seem like a safe buy for anyone not wanting to spend a lot of money.

In the hands the build of the XS also feel good, the kind of mount it use is not a personal favorite of mine, but it do work and it is versatile more than a wedge camera stuck to the windscreen with double sided tape.

Back