Looking for camera with wifi & no screen

ionelmc

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Hello,

Please help me picking a second camera, I'm looking for something that will be at least as good as Opia2 in terms of image quality (1080p60fps+good night mode) and has a park mode.

Doesn't need to have a screen - actually, it would be wrong to have a screen cause I'd be sticking it in the back of the car where it would be unreachable. It should have capacitor.

JooVuu X would fit the bill but should I wait for X2? What about Mobius 2? How good are they in image quality?

Thanks

Ok, and if I'd say that 1080p30fps ain't bad then what's out there? There's the Goluks, the Asus Reco Smart afaik but how are they in image quality? Very hard to find a review comparing all of these :(

Looking at youtube videos is misleading as differences in reencoding/postprocessing pay a big role. Plus Youtube does some ****ty compression.

Hello,

Please help me picking a second camera, I'm looking for something that will be at least as good as Opia2 in terms of image quality (1080p60fps+good night mode) and has a park mode.

Doesn't need to have a screen - actually, it would be wrong to have a screen cause I'd be sticking it in the back of the car where it would be unreachable. It should have capacitor.

I've been looking at all options for a similar camera and this is a very tough find, the ones with good parking modes tend to not have excellent video quality or cost a lot of $$$. Opia2 is 1440p and so it really narrows the field when it comes to that resolution with good automatic motion detection parking modes. I went with a DDPai M6+ as it does have the 1440P resolution, no screen, and wifi. The video quality is fairly good during day and night, but just a little blurry. Overall I'm pretty impressed with it, but I'm looking for a different camera for the rear because the M6+ has time-lapse parking mode until it detects a loud sound or shock and then it takes up and starts recording... but I want something that is buffered in the rear and won't miss the action.

There's the Goluks, the Asus Reco Smart afaik but how are they in image quality? Very hard to find a review comparing all of these :(.

This guy has the best reviews of the Goluks out there: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/goluk-t3-review.26165/
They all have a great motion-detection parking mode but unfortunately the T3 sucks and has a huge issue with darkening areas on videos. I'm going with a T2 since it looks to have very sharp image quality (yet still only 1080p it looks good), and a wider viewing angle. Not sure when you'll read this but it's on a lightning deal sale on amazon right now.

I went with a DDPai M6+ as it does have the 1440P resolution, no screen, and wifi.
M6+ doesn't like the heat, and you want to be using it in a sedan with good suspension on good roads. The ball mount is inadequate and the magnetic mount causes issues with bad video with vibration. The M6+ software and spoken commands are all Chinese. TheDDPai M6+ is not ready for prime time and a failure on Android systems. I returned a DDPai M6+ and so have many others.
Edit:
The DDPlus M6+ wifi you cannot download the SD card to anything. The microSD card has to be removed from the unit.

M6+ doesn't like the heat, and you want to be using it in a sedan with good suspension on good roads. The ball mount is inadequate and the magnetic mount causes issues with bad video with vibration. The M6+ software and spoken commands are all Chinese. TheDDPai M6+ is not ready for prime time and a failure on Android systems. I returned a DDPai M6+ and so have many others.
Edit:
The DDPlus M6+ wifi you cannot download the SD card to anything. The microSD card has to be removed from the unit.

unfortunately a lot of people probably first learnt about this model and subsequently bought based on a youtube review proclaiming it to be the best cam, is a review subjective when it's followed by a dozen affiliate links, not so sure

Back