Just want to say hello

Since the issue persists with multiple cameras and cards (and the fact that yours is the only instance of this that I've heard of) I would suspect some cause other than the camera/card.

Is there anything happening prior to getting the 'format' message that is outside of the ordinary? I'm thinking along the lines of removing/reinserting the card (especially doing that while the camera is powered on), putting it in your computer/phone/tablet, disconnecting the power source, etc., anything that might be happening that is not happening when you do not get the message.

None of those occurrences happen; although I do remove the card to copy data off it when the engine and unit is off, from time to time .
The only thing I can think of is the Cell Power unit.

The only thing I can think of is the Cell Power unit.
You could always run it for a period of time without the Cell Power to see if it still occurs - of course you then lose the benefits of using the CP.

If it helps to "fill in the gaps"; Rick sent me a new unit with memory card. While the frequency of the "Format Card" messages has decreased; they haven't gone all together.

if you still have issues then best to let us know so we can sort them out, it's not typical but an indicator that there is still something else wrong

if you're getting formatting error messages it could be power related, best to bypass the cellpower and run the included power supply for a bit as a test to see if it sorts things, if it does then need to look at the install (a poor earth could cause power issues) and if that checks out it could be the cellpower itself in which case we would have it replaced for you, if the vehicle has any of that eco stop/start functionality need to make sure it's wired to an appropriate circuit also

the other thing that can cause errors is related to file handling, accessing the card in another device, computer, tablet, phone, card reader etc can mess with the file handling depending on what OS you use, what you've been doing etc so always good practice to format the card when it goes back in the camera

the tape problem we will have sorted, we had some tape within one of the productions that has some sort of contamination, we don't know how many are affected but we have replacement tape being arranged with the supplier at the moment and hope to have it within about a fortnight, will need you to message me your details though as I don't know who is who by forum names

can't say I've ever heard that one before

we are very appreciative of our early adopters though and will be doing some special offers on some new products that are coming specifically for anyone that bought an SG9665GC V1, without those that took that leap of faith and gave us a shot on the first version of the product we wouldn't be here now
It's one of those middle of the night, too much coffee statements from a frustrated debugger. I spent too many years in IT :)

The special offers sound great. I think mine's probably a V1.

The leap of faith was very easy. The picture quality was great and your support efforts in this forum made me confident that I wouldn't get a dud.

...I spent too many years in IT :)....
Any number of years in IT is too many - so says he who spend over 30 years dealing with middle of the night phone calls, along with other frustrations. :(

...The leap of faith was very easy.....
Agree with that. For me it was Rick's decision not to market a product because they could not get the performance they wanted from it. Many companies would just have gone forward and try to recoup as much of their development cost as they could before pulling the plug.

Back