GitUp Git 3, any info?

What is the bitrate on the front and rear cams?

Comes across as more of a dual channel dash cam project being transformed into one for an action camera. VIOFO will definitely benefit from the development on this for their dual channel dash cam range, which I suspect is in the works or definitely in the pipeline.

I see it working well for people that drive mostly during the day, don't care about the unit being discreet, and are looking for a dual channel dash cam that can also be used as an action camera.

Yeah i have no problem seeing that setup on bicycles & motorcycles too, but i am not sure it is a all weather setup or i have problems seeing how they can make the front unit waterproof when its tethered to the rear camera.
Waterproof without a case would be good, but unfortunately the Git3 will still be a fair weather camera when used without a case, that is about the only thing that justifies the price of the GoPro Hero 5! I think a waterproof case that allows for the cable to the slave camera will either need to be too big, or only shower proof...

If the GIT3 will have EIS on both cameras it would make for a great hiking camera, one can go on the chest or front of you and the other camera can be mounted off your backpack and point in any reasonable direction.
BUT i am not sure if that can be done, it will off course also demand a oversized sensor for the rear camera.
The slave sensor is only 2MP so not enough resolution for gyro stabilisation, and I don't think the processor can manage 2 stabilisations anyway. Plus you would need an extra gyro sensor in the slave. I think you are still going to need 2 full size cameras to achieve that. Stabilisation isn't so important if the slave is only viewed as picture in picture though.

Regarding GIT4 we share hopes it seem, there seem to be plenty of the regular 4K cameras out there, even if you factor out the "4k" ones, and 1080/60/120 also have good coverage with a horde of cameras to choose from.

A well supported and build git4 as we dream about will be cool, even if its just 100 dollars cheaper than the virb 30 or the gopro 5 cameras, cuz it would still 1 up their performance and beat them on prize too.

If you put it on par with the virb 30 and GP5 on prize and just offer EIS for 4K and 60 fps, then i think it would struggle some, or at least more than if the housing said gopro 6 but otherwise had the came features.
I guess GoPro will produce a 4K 60fps version of the Hero 5 sometime this year, maybe with 4K stabilisation, Yi have already made their announcement although their specification still doesn't manage stabilisation at 4K 60fps! The Git4 will need to be cheaper than the GoPro to compete, how much cheaper depends on how waterproof it is without the case, the Garmin is waterproof so can be very close in price.

PS. In regard to dashcams i wouldn't mind a 4K one, or maybe it should be labeled as a journey recorder as it will off course lag some in low light performance.
But for daytime driving and fitted with a lens not quite as wide as dashcams, i would take it for sure for stellar daytime footage.
Yes, a 4K dashcam would be good, although I imagine most people would stick with 1080 so the market for it may not be too big. With 4K you can actually have a wider view since you still have plenty of detail when you zoom in (or look very closely at your 4K screen). Git3 dashcam footage is actually quite good in the dark, the front sensor (which is a decent quality 4K sensor) gives a nice image, although if you want to read a moving number plate in the dark then you have to hope that the slave camera has captured it since the main sensor does suffer from a lot of motion blur when things are moving fast or get close. Using 4K helps because you can read the plates while they are still at a distance where they are not moving across the sensor very fast so the motion blur is a lot less.
Provided off course that the 4K/60 footage get dumped on a ssd, cuz i just cant see a SD card being used in such a "dash" camera.

The Lexar 633X micro sd card in 256 Gb cost +2000 DKkr here, for those money i can get a 512 Gb ssd.
The price of those 256GB micro SD cards will drop considerably once the 512GB 3D NAND cards arrive, I'm sure Samsung will release a 512 this year to stay ahead of everyone else who are now releasing the 256 cards. The manufacturing cost can't be any more than for the same size SSDs, probably less since the cheaper SD cards can be a lot slower.

Yes on sd cards, but i would still prefer SSD, for the technologies harddrives have that i dont think SD cards have, wear leveling - SMART and what not its called.
Plus with 2X the storage space you go longer between overwrites so the storage device should last longer.

In regard to memory.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nand-dram-fab-tsinghua,33470.html

What is the bitrate on the front and rear cams?

Comes across as more of a dual channel dash cam project being transformed into one for an action camera. VIOFO will definitely benefit from the development on this for their dual channel dash cam range, which I suspect is in the works or definitely in the pipeline.

I see it working well for people that drive mostly during the day, don't care about the unit being discreet, and are looking for a dual channel dash cam that can also be used as an action camera.
The Mini 0806 I have in my back window is 40mm x 67, the Git3 Slave alongside it is 30x30 - far more discreet! The Git3 itself is 41x59 so still smaller than a Mini 0806.

It is an Action Camera so more for bicycles, horses, drones etc, but it does also work well in the car.

well to be honest in regard to waterproof, i most likely will not be using a camera in rain or water anyway.
1: i go to a place where i dont get wet if it start to rain.
2: only real place of danger would be on the little RC 4x4 trucks, and really onboard camera is not that good there as they shake too much even at 5 km/h due to terrain we drive in.
3: if you use it as dual channel dashcam, you can always take out the front camera and use that as a action camera when you arrive at your destination, or have stopped / crashed and have something outside you would want to film.

BTW in regard to that to the camera shut down when you take the USB off the main unit ? or do it change to battery and keep recording just the 1 camera ??

4: in too old, so the action i see is literally that ( what i see ) and me experiencing any action aside for maybe a car crash, will need me striking it rich by help of the lotto gods.

Still looking forward to see the git 3 go official :cool:

The Mini 0806 I have in my back window is 40mm x 67, the Git3 Slave alongside it is 30x30 - far more discreet! The Git3 itself is 41x59 so still smaller than a Mini 0806.

Was referring to the front cam, which'll need a frame and will dangle off a threaded mount.

Was referring to the front cam, which'll need a frame and will dangle off a threaded mount.
No frame!

And the ball joint sticky mount, at only 25x32mm is smaller than the Mini0806 mount. Also, unlike the 0806 mount, it is the same colour as my glass - took me a while to spot it from outside! Although for most people the front mount would be well hidden behind the dots or sun strip anyway.

BTW in regard to that to the camera shut down when you take the USB off the main unit ? or do it change to battery and keep recording just the 1 camera ??
Same features as the Git1 & Git2, they make good dashcams, you can set them to continue recording for a specified time on internal battery after the car ignition is off, or to just turn off, although the 10 second setting is sensible so it doesn't get confused by loss of power while starting the engine. Also have auto start on power, file protect on G sensor or button, etc.

I like the idea of action camera quality footage, at least during the daytime. Looking forward to video samples from both the front and rear cams.

Were posted some specs on a link provided early in this thread.

enjoy,
Mtz

About the Git3 releasing date...

I have no exact date, but I got this information earlier in this month:
"The GIT3 may will release after our new year vacation, any update I will let you know, thanks"

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Some more infos on Git3:
http://elproducente.com/gitup-git3-review-manual/

GitUP-Git3-PiP.jpg

I hope its not a deadly silence that have hit the git 3, i am still looking forward to see what the hard working gitup people have whipped up for us.

Still working on it.
And also working on another action camera, more info will be out next month.

Interesting! I am looking forward to hearing more about the gitup3 but also about the new camera! I would like to buy another action cam and GitUp is my first option given the excellent work they did with the GitUp Git 2 and the amazing support they provide to their customers.

Keep working this way because it is making the difference!!!

PS: @gitup if you need beta testers for any of these two cams please let me know. I am happy to help you guys in any way that I can be useful

Rechecked some posts back.
Regarding 4K camera, we are also working on a new Ambarella A12 action camera, not in GoPro factor, also will not call it Git4.

We try to make something new, new things always take time.
Most of other 4K cameras are from same developer team, even use same lens, so it took less time to release than us.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Git3 1
Z Git3 2
BCHobbyist Git3 23
I Git3 8
A Git3 13
Back