Data display size

David 777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Recently purchased the A119s and find it a mature well engineered product. Great to see firmware updates and replies from manufacturer.
What I would like to see is the data display in larger size numbers. Replaying video on mobile phone or laptop data display is too small. Would like to see option of separate GPX file on microSD card.
Would happily recommend and like form factor.

What I would like to know what is available that I can plug into the miniUSB port at the end of the day that will automatically suck down all the files on the A119S microSD card?

Theres a new Android app, GPSCam Viewer, that plays back video with a map together on screen, could be what you're looking for. Also, Registrator Viewer (PC) can sometimes extract GPS data from video files into a new GPX file or similar. Changing the way the camera stores this data is not always possible.

As for automatically pulling all footage off the memory card, best you could do is write a script and have a computer do that for you if you know how. I don't think there is a discreet device that does this. There may be ready made third party software available that can also do this for you on a computer but it's not something I've ever looked into.

Theres a new Android app, GPSCam Viewer
Thanks already discovered that. Works well, but want paid version with no advertising. The advertising robs valuable screen space.

As for automatically pulling all footage off the memory card
Thought could use Android phone with the OTG cable to download the video files. Sadly no, all the OTG does is power the A119S on like a power supply.

Thanks already discovered that. Works well, but want paid version with no advertising. The advertising robs valuable screen space.

This is the exact reason I use a rooted phone, I can't stand wasted screen space. I've turned off the on screen soft keys / nav buttons as they rob so much screen space. Hiding them is a nuisance so I have them off completely and use Gravity Box pie controls instead, so much better. The nav bar at the top is also hidden so I can use ALL of my screen all of the time.

Thought could use Android phone with the OTG cable to download the video files. Sadly no, all the OTG does is power the A119S on like a power supply.

Try a USB card reader with the OTG cable, that should work well.

Back