I think my Street Guardian V3 is blurry

JFitz

Reaction score
Country
United States
TL/DR: Camera looks a bit out of focus, can you please check it?

Just bought the Street Guardian V3 from "StreetGuardian" on Amazon. I love the camera so far, it's aesthetically pleasing, discreet, and simple to operate. Coming from a $99 "SpyTech" dashcam; that had plastic lens housing; I was please to find out that the lens housing it made out of metal.

After a sunny drive today (which you can see in the below Youtube video) I watched my videos to check my aim, EV, and general quality of the camera. The video disappointed me. After reading on the forums for possible solutions I've run across possible culprits. Firmware, bad lens placement (factory fault), or smudges. I've ruled out smudges. Now I just need your help/opinion. My firmware is: SG20161128.V3

I've tried this with and without the CPL filter, it looked the same.
dashcamblurry1.png dashcamblurry2.png depthcomparison.png

Here is a short video:

Last edited:
from your screenshots it looks like the focus might be set slightly off, will have @Street Guardian USA follow up with you and have you test some things, if it is out of focus they'll arrange the replacement for you

My son is a new licensed driver and it terrifies me. I have accepted this but want some assurance. I am really impressed about the response and support from the Street Guardian folks. I'll be getting 2 of these in the very near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son is a new licensed driver and it terrifies me. I have accepted this but want some assurance. I am really impressed about the response and support from the Street Guardian folks. I'll be getting 2 of these in the very near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice choice for your camera, and congratulations to your son. He will probably be able to help with technical details soon :)

Hard to see and judge from mobile phone now. Will look later on via PC.
Do you have any footage from driving slowly in car park (day time) or when parked against some brick wall about 30ft away ?

What, you think it's auto-focusing on bug splats? :)

Around here the outside of the windshield doesn't stay clean for long when driving all day. But I'm going to be doing some more testing to validate the issue and will re-clean it again.

I have the same problem. I do not what causes but I am suspecting is the sun going into the lenses. I have to figure out what is wrong.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

I have the same problem. I do not what causes but I am suspecting is the sun going into the lenses. I have to figure out what is wrong.

if you have an issue with it and there's a fault get in touch with @niko and he will get it sorted for you

I will reply to your PM within 10min.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Back