SG9665GC v2: Consistent corrupted recordings

sonnel

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys,

I've been using my SG v2 for around 4 months now. Everything has been working fine, apart from when I attempt to open a recorded video file that is not 'complete'. For example, if I have the SG set to 5 minute intervals, and I have a 12 minute trip, the file with the 2 minutes will not play when I open it on my PC, but the first two 5 minute files would be fine.

My brother has the same dashcam, and I noticed that his dashcam would not turn off as soon as he turned off his car (the lights on the dashcam would linger for a bit longer), whereas when I turned off my car, my dashcam would shut off straight away (lights would not linger). This is how I realised that it was not normal for the last couple minutes of my trips to be un-playable.

I have recently updated the firmware, however this problem has occurred since day 1, and still happens even after the firmware update.

Any help or advice would be great, thank you!

Supercaps fault most likely.

that's a hardware fault, please go to the support page of our website and open a support ticket and I can arrange to have it replaced for you

Thanks guys, I opened a support ticket and hopefully will get a reply soon. :)

Email has been sent, thank you for the quick responses!!

Back