Best 128 GB micro SDXC card for Mobius

DashcamFreak

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone make a recommendation on which 128 GB micro SDXC I should buy to use for Mobius? My current one isn't reliable.

Silicon Power memory cards have a reputation for problems.

Samsung EVO + is worth a look.

Kingston are what Mobius generally recommend, Transcend cards are good for any Novatek based camera as that's what the Novatek engineers work with, Samsung cards are generally ok as well, stick with a top tier brand and make sure it's genuine is half the battle

@jokiin

How and why is there so many incompatible scenarios ?

Explain it in short layman terms ;)

What Im asking is why so many incompatible cards with different cameras.......... Is there a clear standard for cards not including fakes ?

a lot of lower grade product in the market is the main issue, right now there are memory shortages so a lot of brands are using what they can get due to supply problems and price sensitivity, that aside though not all cards are created equally, some are clearly better quality than others and when you start talking about writing high bitrate video for hours at a time quality matters

sometimes it comes down to the chipset vendor and what they have worked with when doing the SDK, I think in some solutions they may intentionally limit what cards the cameras will work with if the vendor supplies their own branded cards, there's a negative side to this for the consumer of course when they get locked into buying over priced memory cards but the upside is being able to get a card which is known to work as intended

a lot of lower grade product in the market is the main issue, right now there are memory shortages so a lot of brands are using what they can get due to supply problems and price sensitivity, that aside though not all cards are created equally, some are clearly better quality than others and when you start talking about writing high bitrate video for hours at a time quality matters

sometimes it comes down to the chipset vendor and what they have worked with when doing the SDK, I think in some solutions they may intentionally limit what cards the cameras will work with if the vendor supplies their own branded cards, there's a negative side to this for the consumer of course when they get locked into buying over priced memory cards but the upside is being able to get a card which is known to work as intended

Much like the problem with printers. I once had Xerox tell me that I had broken the printer because I refilled a cart - which even looked like it was designed to be refilled! (top of tank had a glue plug, pull plug, refill, new plug from hot glue gun). Somehow, this refill procedure had managed to stop the printer from powering on!
When my laser printer refuses to print a colour & flashes for new carts, a very simple reset can get me hundreds more pages - weighing the toner cart, there's a good third of the toner remaining.

I'm amazed the car industry hasn't cottoned on to this 'scam' - only use a spoecific brand of fuel, oil, tyres...

I'm amazed the car industry hasn't cottoned on to this 'scam' - only use a spoecific brand of fuel, oil, tyres...

Car and other industries realized the benefits of oil based products eons ago and gives us choices.

I've been using a Transcend 64GB with the Mobius since July of last year, no complaints.

Last edited:
Just curious if anyone has bought a good 128GB card recently, and how fast it shipped? Transcend were waaaaay slow with my last order for smaller cards and I might upgrade if the bigger ones are faster to ship.

Phil

Though Sandisk isn't a favoured or recommended choice. I've been using a Sandisk 128GB with the SG9665GC without any issues for the past four months.

Though Sandisk isn't a favoured or recommended choice. I've been using a Sandisk 128GB with the SG9665GC without any issues for the past four months.
I've used the 200gb model from the same series for about 10 months without a problem, the red/grey models are the ones to avoid

Do those do well in Mobius?

Phil

Would prefer that a few others have tried them in Mobius with good results before I spend this much money on a card.

Phil

Back