JooVuu X Apps Source Code

JooVuu

Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
JooVuu X Android/iOS/PC Source Code

If you just want to see the source code, please skip to the bottom of this post. If you want to know why we are releasing the source code and what we hope this means, please continue to read.

There is constantly talk about creating an open source dash camera. We are not doing that. We are NOT releasing the source code for our camera – even if we wanted to, we’re not allowed to. However, what we can do is the next best thing. We can release what we can as open source. As far as I am aware this will be a first in the dash camera world, and as such, I’m sure there will be a learning curve. We will still release builds for Android, iOS, and the PC but we will play it ‘by ear’ for when we do so we aren’t updating them every day kind of thing. But to re-iterate, updates will still be made available.

Okay, so what caused us to take our privately held apps and put it into the public domain? The renegade in me but also because we weren’t being fair to our customers.

Being a bit of a renegade (I’m only semi-joking) I really do love open-source and I hate it when people making things private simply for the sake of ‘owning’ something. Yes, there is a whole raft of reasons why and I understand and respect every single one of them, but I am a great believer in open source as it has done so much good and as such I support it when and where I can. However, I also have a business, and as I need money to put food on the table and rent, I cannot release everything. This is one of the reasons I would never (in the near future) release a cameras source code, as it gives us competitive advantage that tempts people to buy our camera over say another brand. Whilst our apps are better than most (in fact every app I have tried for every camera ours is better, though I’m sure some people would disagree), it can still be improved.

This brings me onto my second point. We aren’t/weren’t being fair to our customers. The X2 is taking up a lot of time and resources, and we are a very small team, as such, we were neglecting the apps not because we are assholes, but we just do not have the resources at the moment. We’re not expecting people to solve any and all bugs – we’ll still be contributing and solving bugs ourselves, but hopefully with more people, we can push the app further than we can just on our own.

I really have little idea how this will go but no one ever will until someone takes the plunge, so here goes.

Before you download anything please read anything below this:

-------******-------******-------******-------******-------******-------******-------******-------

For WiFi Commands please open:

App Command List.xlsx

This file will be on the main repository pages for each app. The PC Program will also have a list of txt commands.

We are hosting the open source repository on GitHub

Android: https://github.com/joovuux/JooVuux_Android

iOS: To be released shortly

PC: To be released 24th March

If you are having any problems building the app we will try and help but we cannot promise it. You cannot modify our app and sell it. Our design is still protected.

As I said, we’re pretty new to this but we’ll update things as we go along. Any feedback let me know.

Kind regards,

Dan

Back