A119 Problem with GPS

but it says on the website that its compatible with the a119. any guesses when dashcam viewer might?
Sorry, I was actually confusing Registrator Viewer and Dash Cam Viewer. Dash Cam Viewer "should" be able to display GPS info. That's if your one of the lucky ones who can get it to work. There are a lot of A119 users who can't seem to get it t work for them. I am one. It's seems to work fine in 1080p mode, but anything with higher resolution doesn't want to play. Some have had success though.

I did manage to get it to work. but not like you can click on the map to jump scenes or anything. I just went back to the older firmware of viofo.. V1.1. it now shows the route you travelled. only thing missing is the map scrolling. hope they can get this fixed soon. this is 1 reason why dashcam viewer is awesome.

I reinstalled FW 2.0 again to see if it will work... it didn't. So going back to V1.1 was the only option that works on my VIOFO a119. the GPS isnt so accurate. but can still see the route travelled. I'm sure there will be a fix for this in the near future.

I know this is an old thread, but I just installed a A119 today that I got from gearbest.com. The GPS module is mounted with clear line of sight on the front windshield. There is no tint or defrosting material in front of it. It wasn't but a minute or two until it started losing GPS signal as I was driving. It kept doing this while driving along the interstate with nothing blocking line of sight to the sky.

I know this is an old thread, but I just installed a A119 today that I got from gearbest.com. The GPS module is mounted with clear line of sight on the front windshield. There is no tint or defrosting material in front of it. It wasn't but a minute or two until it started losing GPS signal as I was driving. It kept doing this while driving along the interstate with nothing blocking line of sight to the sky.
My A119 has always been super fast as far as GPS lock (always less than 30 seconds from cold start). I wish my SG was as fast. I can't get a lock in under a minute, sometimes two. It is not great but acceptable.

Last edited:
greetings to everyone. about 2 weeks ago i bought same dashcam and since then not once it got connected to GPS. at any time i see "no GPS" promt on the screen while it recording. gps loggin is turned on in the settings and i use correct bracked with gps module. even updating software wont work for me. can anyone suggest me what to do?

offtopic question: this dashcam have capacitors as the power source apart from wirepower supply. but when in unplug the wire from dashcam it immidietly shutts off. then whats the purpose of the capacitors inside?

whats the purpose of the capacitors inside

They are designed to store enough power to save the last recorded time period between 3 and 5 seconds when the power is switched off.

greetings to everyone. about 2 weeks ago i bought same dashcam and since then not once it got connected to GPS. at any time i see "no GPS" promt on the screen while it recording. gps loggin is turned on in the settings and i use correct bracked with gps module. even updating software wont work for me. can anyone suggest me what to do?

offtopic question: this dashcam have capacitors as the power source apart from wirepower supply. but when in unplug the wire from dashcam it immidietly shutts off. then whats the purpose of the capacitors inside?
Try plugging power directly into camera.

Try plugging power directly into camera.
and what should change? since GPS located inside the bracket. but if you talking about my capacitors question then i can say dashcam turns off just like when power connected to the bracket

Plugging into the camera itself will still enable GPS functions. This may not help at all, but worth trying. Make sure the pins on the GPS mount look OK and spring back when pressed.

Plugging into the camera itself will still enable GPS functions. This may not help at all, but worth trying. Make sure the pins on the GPS mount look OK and spring back when pressed.
pins are allright, each plate have its own mark from the pin so no problems here. plugging powercord to the cam itself do nothing. still have this "No GPS" promt. so it still seems like a defective GPS unit

pins are allright, each plate have its own mark from the pin so no problems here. plugging powercord to the cam itself do nothing. still have this "No GPS" promt. so it still seems like a defective GPS unit
Yeah, sounds like it.

still have this "No GPS" promt.
did you reset all the settings to a default after updating the firmware?
try to disable the GPS in the menu and see what happens. "you never know". (c)
in a very bad whether (rain, snow) the GPS (in my case) sometimes took up to 3 minutes to get a signal from a cold start.

did you reset all the settings to a default after updating the firmware?
try to disable the GPS in the menu and see what happens. "you never know". (c)
in a very bad whether (rain, snow) the GPS (in my case) sometimes took up to 3 minutes to get a signal from a cold start.
with GPS turned off in get turned off. so nothing here. i drove in all kind of conditions for hours and not a single catch.

does anyone know how can i maybe return this GPS unit? i saw VIOFO member here

does anyone know how can i maybe return this GPS unit? i saw VIOFO member here
you should contact the seller of the GPS unit for an exchange or return.

Hi guys,

I just received my A119 and there seems to be a problem with GPS too. After connecting power (either to gps unit directly or to the camera itself) it only shows satellite dish symbol and red 0 km/h. I left it hanging in the window for like half an hour, even took a short walk outside (it's raining so not the best conditions for longer test), but it doesn't seem to change anything. GPS is set to on in options, embedding data is set to everything, firmware is newest available (3.3). Is the GPS module faulty, should I have it replaced? I'd rather avoid sticking it to the front screen and then having to remove it.

Hi guys,

I just received my A119 and there seems to be a problem with GPS too. After connecting power (either to gps unit directly or to the camera itself) it only shows satellite dish symbol and red 0 km/h. I left it hanging in the window for like half an hour, even took a short walk outside (it's raining so not the best conditions for longer test), but it doesn't seem to change anything. GPS is set to on in options, embedding data is set to everything, firmware is newest available (3.3). Is the GPS module faulty, should I have it replaced? I'd rather avoid sticking it to the front screen and then having to remove it.

sup dude. i hope this is still relevant. as you might see i had kind of a similar issue. so ive contacted with the seller on ali express and he agreed to send me separate GPS module for free. after i recieved a new module ive tried it and it worked perfectly, connected with satilites in 1 minute (green dish) but with the new module i got a new problem: spontanious shut-off of the dashcam itself. i figured that the problem inside those quick-pins between GPS and the cam which transfer data and power. so from now my dashcam hanging with the wire on the side instead of GPS mount but the cam is fixed in GPS bracket for GPS features. but hey, its working fine now = ) hope thisll help you

Back