A118C Audio Problem

shovenose

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright, so first thing I did when installing this one was to drop my nice Samsung MicroSD card down my dash into my defroster vent and so I went to Staples and bouight a cheapy PNY card and I'm wondering if that's causing my problem but want to get input from others with this dashcam.

Anyway, my problem is that the video is fine but the audio kind of cuts in and out if I'm listening to music for example. Like, it's absolutely silent for a few seconds, then it records a few seconds of audio, and the cycle just sort of continues.

Any input appreciated. Thanks!

I doubt it's the card. I'm currently using PNY cards in 4 different cameras, 2 of them A118C's. Sounds to me like there's a suspect microphone connection in the camera, or the microphone itself is failing.

Yeah if they still mount the mic on tiny wires, one of the wires could have a weak or intermittent connection. Good luck soldering it... The wires are about 30 gauge. Not much bigger than a hair.

Well, I have a new problem now. I took my dashcam out of my truck when I sold my truck but I forgot to take the mounting thing off the window, so I can't put it in my car. I ordered another sticky thing from eBay so I will update once I can try it again. I did swap out the PNY class 4 memory card for a Samsung class 10 in the mean time.

Class 4 card could be very marginal for dash cam use.

Back