Looking for a decent action cam, more interested in photos than videos

It's a funny thing about dogs, they can end up training their owners. Many years ago I had a different girlfriend (in a different epoch:)) with a different dog. That dog's name was Koka and she was an elderly beagle (same breed as Snoopy) who was thought to be basically deaf. No matter how loud you yelled at this dog or what you said it would ignore you and do whatever it wanted and supposedly this was a good sign of the dog's deafness. One day we were out in a public park and the dog ran around getting into trouble and doing whatever it wanted to and ignored all commands. When the dog was almost a 100 yards away jumping around and playing with some kids off in the distance I yelled, MILKBONE! (a famous US brand of dog biscuit) and Koka suddenly came tear assing across the field like a bat out of hell and was all excited about getting her dog biscuit. "You're busted!", I shouted...... Turns out this dog had somehow figured out that if she feigned deafness around my pushover girlfriend, life was on easy street and she could get away with anything, but she wasn't hardly deaf at all! :p

Last edited:
You can consider WiMiUS action camera, it's about 40-60€,Q4 is in 16MP photos.

Can any SJ6 Legend user confirm if it can show video live preview on mobile screen when shooting in FPV mode ?

You can consider WiMiUS action camera, it's about 40-60€,Q4 is in 16MP photos.

I would not recommend considering this camera as it is based on an IMX179 which is only 8MP. Not 16MP. My experience with this sensor is very poor photos.

The cameras with the best still image quality from my experience are based on the 16MP IMX206 or real 12MP IMX117. Generally these cams start around $100 USD (SJCam M20, Gitup Git2 Pro, Thieye T5e)

Hi all,
I'm looking for a camera to take some underwater photos. I'd like to spend less than 100€.
Thanks to "the list of shame" I found on this website I discovered that almost all the low budget camera I was looking are 3/4MPix sensor camera that do fake 12MPx photos and fake 4K videos.

I'm not really interested in 4k video, to be honest I'm not interested in video at all (1K/60fps is more than enough for me), my desire is to take some decent underwater photos, maybe with a real resolution higher than 3/4 MPix.

Do you have camera to suggest that cost less than 100€??

secondhand gopro 960. still got mine. 4:3 ration. does decent stills. time lapse. my fave gopro and one i kept over gopro 2. one on ebay uk at £25 starter bid with no bidders and 24 hrs to go. seller 100% rating from > 400 feedbacks.

hehe i got my non HD gopro too, almost never used, i think i got about 2 hour of footage off that camera.

Hell i even have some AAA batteries for it too

Back