Thinkware 770 or Blackvue DR650S‑2CH battery query

tigermad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I am thinking about purchasing one of the above cameras , both front and rear. I am very interested in the parking mode functions. I park at work for about 10 hours most days. I am buying a brand new vehicle and wonder how long the battery will last in parking mode. If i go for the blackvue I intend to get the power magic pro to protect the car battery. Will I need to get extra battery packs to ensure the dashcam can record over the 10 hours? I hear some people's car batteries last for days yet some others die in hours.

Will buying the blackvue battery pack make any difference? I don't think it will last as long as the car battery possible will if parked and using the front and rear cameras.

Are there any battery packs that will use the car battery and when It gets low will switch to the battery pack?

Please bear in mind I live in the UK so not everything is available here. E.g. The cellink battery pack is hard to get hold of.
Thanks for reading :)

The F770 has better video quality than the 650S, while two single channel dashcams like 2x 9665GC's will at least have superior rear video to the F770 again.

At 10 hours/day, best buy System B lion battery pack, otherwise car's battery will be damaged.

Back