Cellink B V2 questions?

peterharvey

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a Vicovation Vico Power Plus, however I am reluctant to use it, because recording time is limited with a 12.6V theshold, and long term, it will shorten the life of the car's lead acid battery.

I am considering purchasing 5x Cellink B V2's for 5 different cars.
However, I have a few questions.

If I start the engine, the Cellink B will automatically recharge, and it takes about 1.3 hours to fully charge a completely flat Cellink B - fair enough; no questions.

When I turn the engine off, the Cellink B will continue to record while parking indefinitely, ie until the Cellink B battery becomes flat in roughly 24 hours etc?
I use two separate 9665GC's; one front, and one rear.
During this time, the SG9665GC's will overwrite their memory cards, esp if the memory cards are of a small capacity.

If I do not wish to record while parking, I must switch off the Cellink B.
However, when I restart the engine, if I forget to switch on the Cellink B, then my dashcam will NOT record while I drive - is this correct???

Somehow, I wish the Cellink B has a timer built-in?
Are there any aftermarket battery packs with timers built-in, esp from Blackvue and Lukas etc???

Thirdly, is it possible to split the cigarette lighter socket two ways [using a single plug to twin socket adapter]; to power both the Cellink B, and the dashcam directly?
In such a way that there will be two power supplies powering the dashcam?
[The dash cam would use a twin plug to single socket adapter].
One coming from the Cellink B battery pack, and a second power supply coming directly from the cigarette socket itself?
In this way, if we forget to switch on the Cellink B, then the cigarette socket will still power the dashcam when the engine is switched on???
However, if the Cellink B is switched on, and the engine is also on, this may "double" power the dash cam, causing the circuitry to burn???

image3.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

Last edited:
A parking mode timer is built into some dashcams. My dashcam (Thinkware X350) has settings for parking mode that shuts the camera off after a certain number of hours (e.g. 24, 48 hours). It also has a low voltage setting that shuts the camera off. The combination of these two features prevents the Cellink aux battery from becoming completely drained if the vehicle is parked for long periods of time.

Back