XIMODE 2.1 - Video & photo modes for Xiaomi Yi [Auto/Normal/Night/Yitune/SupYiView/...]

Thank you so much, I have read a lot about ximode and I like it a lot, yet they don't say in the decription if the lens focusing problem is solved. Despite that, there is another script called Waffle that it claims to solve that problem. Which script do you think is better, Waffle or Ximode????
'don't know waffle and the fix for out-of-focus is mechanical! Youtube videos will help there.

Ok i haven't found if the autorecord function has been added to the scripts, if not when i get my camera back i will add it to each script.
I am using my camera for skiing and it's awful to try and press the record button with your gloves, when the Camera is in the Waterproof case :(

Hello guys,
passing by to make some things clear.

1. XIMODE is FREE! On my website xs-Sol.com (which is sometimes down due maintenance, so just give it a day) you can download it with a Donation, or with sharing my website for free and unlock the content. (Sharing is carying ;) )
2. About the scripts: Think about the camera like it would be a Windows Computer. Factory delivered is it a great computer, however there is no Firefox, no Word or anything else on it. Therefore are you going to install Softwares to make the best out of it. The same goes for the Xiaomi Camera. It is like a tiny Windows (which only records and do stuff) and to make the best out of it, we need to install Softwares, in this case we call them scripts. However they can't be installed as easy as it is on Windows, but we need to place all containing files of the software manually. That's why I created for Windows users the ability to Auto-install XIMODE (all MY scripts combined am I calling XIMODE), where you simply select the directory of the camera (connected to PC, or the SD card in your PC) and hit Install.. .
3. If you need to do small changes, use TELNET or watch one of my tutorials that I've posted. I know it's always boring and long to watch videos of 20-40min and then do the work than getting a final pre build product from somebody else. But common guys, many of us here invested weeks on building this, so dont expect us to take over every single job from Xiaomi (since these c***ts were to lazy to deliver a good final product - but what do you expect for 60€???)
4. Autorecord scripts can be found in the GitHub rep...
5. Haven't been working with my cam the last months, so I dont know about the latest updates. If I will ever need to work with my cam again, I'll surely update XIMODE.

Does this work with original 1.4.8 firmware? :)

Hello guys,
passing by to make some things clear.

1. XIMODE is FREE! On my website xs-Sol.com (which is sometimes down due maintenance, so just give it a day) you can download it with a Donation, or with sharing my website for free and unlock the content. (Sharing is carying ;) )
2. About the scripts: Think about the camera like it would be a Windows Computer. Factory delivered is it a great computer, however there is no Firefox, no Word or anything else on it. Therefore are you going to install Softwares to make the best out of it. The same goes for the Xiaomi Camera. It is like a tiny Windows (which only records and do stuff) and to make the best out of it, we need to install Softwares, in this case we call them scripts. However they can't be installed as easy as it is on Windows, but we need to place all containing files of the software manually. That's why I created for Windows users the ability to Auto-install XIMODE (all MY scripts combined am I calling XIMODE), where you simply select the directory of the camera (connected to PC, or the SD card in your PC) and hit Install.. .
3. If you need to do small changes, use TELNET or watch one of my tutorials that I've posted. I know it's always boring and long to watch videos of 20-40min and then do the work than getting a final pre build product from somebody else. But common guys, many of us here invested weeks on building this, so dont expect us to take over every single job from Xiaomi (since these c***ts were to lazy to deliver a good final product - but what do you expect for 60€???)
4. Autorecord scripts can be found in the GitHub rep...
5. Haven't been working with my cam the last months, so I dont know about the latest updates. If I will ever need to work with my cam again, I'll surely update XIMODE.
Greetings
Can you modify the XS-sol site to allow a dollars contribution?

I have a Z25L downgraded with Z23 firmware, but YiTune and bitrate are not working. But the same sd card and settings work perfectly on my other Z23L. I flashed bitrate hacked custom firmware and now 35Mbit works with Z25L cam, but still no YiTune. The autoexec script runs, but the settings don't appear to work on Z25L cam.

Greetings
Can you modify the XS-sol site to allow a dollars contribution?

Sorry, unortunately I can't because all my transactions in PayPal are made with EUR. :/

I have a Z25L downgraded with Z23 firmware, but YiTune and bitrate are not working. But the same sd card and settings work perfectly on my other Z23L. I flashed bitrate hacked custom firmware and now 35Mbit works with Z25L cam, but still no YiTune. The autoexec script runs, but the settings don't appear to work on Z25L cam.
Not sure what the issue is. Did you try to just use the yitune autoexec?

Thank you for your work on ximode-it's made my Yi more functional!

I have a idea to easily Distinguish what scripts xiaomi yi is running by changing the COLOR of the RGB LED in Front into something distinguishable. i also think that it will interfere the battery indicator but is it possible??? can you add it if possible.

Nice work!!! I have updated my YI 22l to the new firmware 1.5.6, will you update XIMODE to this version?
This new firmware seems to have a more efficient battery consumption...

Hi. Please i want some help.
Is it possible to write some lines into the script for the camera, if i want to start the camera with timer photo mode.
I want this function because i use the camera underwater, where the remote doesnt work and i need to trigger photos with timer. On the dry land i set the camera to timer through smartphone and application and then i go under water. But when the camera shuts down for not using it some time and i start it up again (under water), the timer mode goes away. Then i need to go out and need to use the smartphone again. :(
Any solution for do some scripting to solve this sh*t? Thanks for tips... ;)

on the 25L version has updated the firmware to 1.5.6, XIMODE is not working properly. sometimes a picture just restart. as I understand downgrade is not worth it. so I need to wait for the updates XIMODE?

on the 25L version has updated the firmware to 1.5.6, XIMODE is not working properly. sometimes a picture just restart. as I understand downgrade is not worth it. so I need to wait for the updates XIMODE?
I agree

Hope there is a upgrade to 1.5.6, it does not work well with the last firmware unfortunately.

Giving some help (i hope) for those having the last firmware 1.5.6 and a 26L. (should work with a 25L too)

I tried a lot and finally it worked by removing in each "autoexec.ash" script the line : "4GB no split file" (or just put a # in front of it)
Dont forget the script in the root directory and then all the others in the "SCRIPTS" directory

I hope it'll work for you too, it's not that complicated to do, let me know.

Giving some help (i hope) for those having the last firmware 1.5.6 and a 26L. (should work with a 25L too)

I tried a lot and finally it worked by removing in each "autoexec.ash" script the line : "4GB no split file" (or just put a # in front of it)
Dont forget the script in the root directory and then all the others in the "SCRIPTS" directory

I hope it'll work for you too, it's not that complicated to do, let me know.

Works good so far. But which 35 Mbit firmware should we use for 1.5.6?

Guys please, which line of code in scripts will disable taking RAW pictures? I am OK with JPG only..

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Guys, pls, what FW do you recommend for 1.5.6 for 35 MBit recording?

Last edited:
Back