SpeedCam for Mio Mivue 658 WIFI

Gerard_Dirks

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hello

I installed the SpeedCam file for my 658 WIFI. This product claims that it isn't useable for SpeedCam Warning in different countries.

Now after 2 weeks of using I recognised that it recognised 2 SpeedCameras, that I don't manuelly add to it. So I suggest, the SpeedCam file is the whole list for Europe where the entries for France, Switzerland and some other countries are deleted, but not properly.

The SCDB File display that there are 36400 SpeedCams, when we correct this for the MiVue File it should contain about 32000 SpeedCams. The Database is only containing, Longitude, Lantitude und the Registrationnummer of the Cam in die SCDB Database.

Has someone been able to extract these from the .bin file? Is their a way to Pimp this file and add the SpeedCams for the missing countries?

Gérard

Hi,

I've never tried it but there's the MiVue Converter utility available for download from Mio's support website, only if you choose the Russian language version. Apparently there're some people using it to build a custom speed camera database in this forum thread (Russian again).

Maybe some of this can be useful for what you're trying to do? Just make sure to name your the file Speedcam_Data_FEU.bin, otherwise it won't flash on a European firmware.

Hello StrangeOrange

I was not able to download it because I do not understand the Russian Language

Regards
Gérard

It seems their website uses some cookie-based restriction to prevent deep-linking, so you'd have to open http://service.mio.com/ yourself, choose Russia, then pick your device (MiVue 658) from the second pull-down list on the right, click on the line where it says MiVue Converter, and then the page I was trying to link to would show up, at which point you can click the only button there to start the download.

Edit: I uploaded the file here (too large for a forum attachment).

Last edited:
Instead of an Download PopUp I got an window for FAQ?

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-26 um 09.13.46.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-04-26 um 09.13.46.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 13
Instead of an Download PopUp I got an window for FAQ?
Gerard,

I uploaded the MiVue Converter to a third-party hosting service, and updated my post above with the link, so you can try to download it from there instead. I think it might take some gymnastics to get it to work though. Good luck.

Hello

I create such a file. The file my DVR reads is "Speedcam_Data_EU.bin", the file created by this Utility is "speedcam_data_rus.bin. The orignal .bin is about 1200kb, the second .bin is only 152Kb. So I suppose it is not what I need

Can I rename the speedcam_data_rus.bin to Speedcam_Data_EU.bin

I think to "Mio-Certified speed cam data" file, in Step 1, isn't the correct one

Are you able to supply me with the "RusSpeedCamBaseFile.xls"?
I want to check the format?

Hi. Download the Mio converter and it will give you a template to create your own file using excel. And you can convert this file to .bin to load on your cam.

Do you have an actuel .xls file of all the european radars? On scdb.info I only get an SpeedLimit Program and on Mio.com their is only an .bin.
I Want to import the missing radars from some countries in the Mio File and then copy this to my Mio468 Wifi

Hi

If you down load the MioMivue converter program and play around with it you can download the Russian base file and see the format or on the next screen of the program it can give you a blank Format.
"UID" " Y "X "BEARING_ANGLE SPEED_RESTRICTION" "CAMERA_TYPE DIR_TYPE "Version" this is the Excel format of the file
This is the URL it loads the Russian basefile from
URL = http://download.mio.com/dvr/MiVue 388/rus/BaseData/130916/RusSpeedCamBaseFile.xls
you can see if you can find the url for the EU file. I have not found it yet! so dont have it.

You can make your own file if you look around at other sites you may find a file with the base data you need and just copy the info required into the xcel base file format and then you can create the .bin file you need. Not sure what the file name will be??

Once you have installed the program you can lookin the program location and see the basic setting file configuration. Change this to suite you Cam.
all this information is in the Mio Mivue converter program....

this is the description of each field.
Column Description
Y Y coordinate in WGS84. Snapped to the closed by road. ( -89.9°~+89.9°)
X X coordinate in WGS84. Snapped to the closed by road. (-180°~+180°)
BEARING ANGLE Driving direction of the targeted car. 0 for north, 90 for east, 180 for south, 270 for west. (0°~359°)
SPEED RESTRICTION Speed restriction in km/h (0~180)
CAMERA TYPE
1 – a static one
2 – an implemented in traffic lights one
3 – check out of passage through red light (my lovely violation – it allows to spare more time as an exceeding of speed limit)
4 – a cam that measures speed on the whole segment of the road
5 – a mobile cam (cops ambush)
DIR TYPE 0 – all directions (360°)
1 – one direction that’s defined through “ANGLE” parameter
2 – direction that’s defined through “ANGLE” parameter and the opposite one
Version Speed camera data version displayed on device, number only. E.g. 3 or 28

I have not tested the bin file on my camera at this point. I am also looking for the Base file for Australia as some of the cameras are incorrect and I would like to update the file.
I have had no support from suppliers of product here in Australia as to the availability of the Base file so I may have to create my own from the beginning.
Just as you would have to do for countries in Europe.

good luck and enjoy playing with the file. you need "MiVue Converter" to create the .bin file to upload. and you need to check all settings in the program directory NB always uses rus.bin file as base and output.

It seems their website uses some cookie-based restriction to prevent deep-linking, so you'd have to open http://service.mio.com/ yourself, choose Russia, then pick your device (MiVue 658) from the second pull-down list on the right, click on the line where it says MiVue Converter, and then the page I was trying to link to would show up, at which point you can click the only button there to start the download.

Edit: I uploaded the file here (too large for a forum attachment).

It looks like this is no longer available, do you still have the converter. I think Mivue now added a Russian camera file and have removed the utility from the Russian download section (according to my google translate skills !). The format is very similar to an "iGO" format that we can get elsewhere.

Back