Why?...

Rajagra

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini0806
Why do they set up road layouts like this? (One lane becomes two becomes one.)
Why can't some drivers see ahead and realise a lane leads nowhere?
Why do they think they have a right to over(under)take when it's not possible to complete the move?

The answer to all three questions - cognitive and/or intellectual deficiency. :(

That was a lack of grey matter !

Road engineers get bored easily.

Who would want a job that only allows you to draw straight lines?

Well here for instance on the highway from the town of Viborg towards Aarhus, it is just a regular Danish highway though near to Viborg it is a 2 X 2 lane road.
But further out for a little while it is a alternating 2 X 1 road, i assume the reason for that is that overtaking is too hard for Danes to handle, so alternating one side is made 2 lanes for a Km or two, and then merge into 1 lane as the other side become 2 lanes.

You can see it here as the nearest to camera lane on highway 26 is two lanes and the other one lane, if you then follow 26 to the right on the screen you will see that change back and forth a few times.
https://www.google.dk/maps/@56.3621071,9.4961813,238m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=da

I think it is a result of people up high kicking a traffic congestion issue down the ladder for people there to handle, so it is sort of peeing in your pants on a cold day to keep warm, sure for the first seconds your legs get nice and warm, but that soon change to even colder legs.

And all this due to spineless political leaders :rolleyes:

A real leader would say " so we got this issue here, we all agree on that"

Plebs go "yeah"

Then leader do his thing finding the money and go " solving the problem will cost xxx million, fixing this start in 3 - 2 - 1"

Plebs go " :(:(:(:(:( that's a lot of money2

Real leader go " did you want the problem to go away or not"

Plebs go " yes problem must go but it is expensive"

Real leader go " well now i fixed it you whining maggots, so please don't vote for me next election cuz i will never again work for whiners like you"

And that in turn also solve the problem of politicians glued to their chair for decades on end ruining the country.

But real good leaders are few and far between, far better to pretend to solve problems, and when asked "why don't you" just blame lack of majority in parliament, or disagreeing with government partners about funding.

And sadly whining and taking shortcuts and procrastinating are human nature by now, actually its one of the biggest problems facing mankind i think.

Back