Little things compiling to turn a good day into something else

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I dont mind people time their approach to a red light intersection, but the least they could do is pay attention to what the hell is going on.
And when you realize you have screwed it all up, then do the right thing instead of breaking the law.

O and BTW i caught up with the guy 1/2 mile up ahead and he was still doing 70 km/h or less on a 80 km/h highway ( not that thats illegal, but when you are in no hurry you relay shouldent run yellow/amber lights.

And as usual language waning !!!!

And OMG youtube killed this footage, the original is 36 mbit and my remastering turned it into 40 mbit, and it look quite good at least in regard to lack of blocking.

Funny coincidence, similar thing happened to me 3 or 4 times this week. Drivers in front of me approach a green traffic light painfully slowly, it turns yellow, then red, and then they speed up and go through on red, leaving me stuck, when we could have both easily gone through on green.
What were they up to? It's definitely one of the more perverse driving strategies.

So frustrating when that happens. Sometimes I think they do it deliberately to stop me from getting through on green. And yes, youtube crucified your footage for some reason.

Most of the older natives here slow down for traffic lights even if they just turned green right in front of their eyes :confused: Those same idiots drivers will wait till all lanes are clear for as far as they can see to make the close-side turn at a junction when all they need is adequate space and one clear lane to enter :mad: And their kinfolk would trail them through a red light instead of stopping like Kamkar1 did :eek:

I think I'll call my legislator and ask if he can get the document renamed to "SC Idiot's License suitable for Reckless Driving" :p
Phil

Green = time for a chat!

Audio removed for good reason.

@harsh No wonder he/she has damage to the rear bumper. Did they ever decide which lane they wanted to be in I wonder?

Looks like Indians like the Russians also like to make any road +1 lane, but turning a 3 lane road into a 4 lane is seldom a good idea.

@harsh No wonder he/she has damage to the rear bumper. Did they ever decide which lane they wanted to be in I wonder?

The Honda turned left and the moron in front of me, I had to put up with for a kilometre or so. They were deeply engrossed with their conversation for the entire length of the red light, and were totally oblivious to incessant honking from behind while the light was still green.

Last edited:
Looks like Indians like the Russians also like to make any road +1 lane, but turning a 3 lane road into a 4 lane is seldom a good idea.

Without a care about oncoming vehicles, a lot of impatient Delhites heading west during peak traffic hours encroach on to the other side of the road, just because the road lacks a divider. At times there's just enough space left for a single line of cars to pass on the other side. Pandemonium!

I'll post one if I'm ever that side, it's just a little ahead of the stretch in the above clip. A royal mess every evening.

I dont mind people time their approach to a red light intersection, but the least they could do is pay attention to what the hell is going on.
And when you realize you have screwed it all up, then do the right thing instead of breaking the law.

O and BTW i caught up with the guy 1/2 mile up ahead and he was still doing 70 km/h or less on a 80 km/h highway ( not that thats illegal, but when you are in no hurry you relay shouldent run yellow/amber lights.

And as usual language waning !!!!

And OMG youtube killed this footage, the original is 36 mbit and my remastering turned it into 40 mbit, and it look quite good at least in regard to lack of blocking.
Maybe he was smoking something! Braking early is a dead giveway!

Yeah, dunno why he braked at all, when intersection came into view it was already red, and as he was doing 60 km/h and its 70km/h limit down the hill thru the forested area and for another 1/4 mile or so past the intersection,so there was no need at all to hit the brake.
I was coming up from behind and downshifting while moaning, but there is little engine brake in my 1000 CCM car unless i downshift really hard and let the engine hit the RPM limiter so in the end i had to apply the brake too.

It was 2 old people in the car, and they might have been high cuz after beer no doubt weed is something Danes like a lot.
But it was for sure 2 misjudgments in a row, first bad timing on the approach and then bad timing again as he was about 60 M from the stop line when the light turned yellow, so he had plenty of room to do a controlled stop.

And i can prove it, cuz this is me the same place not many days ago, and ABS dident even trigger in my car + i was doing the full 70 km/h limit on the approach to the intersection.

Without a care about oncoming vehicles, a lot of impatient Delhites heading west during peak traffic hours encroach on to the other side of the road, just because the road lacks a divider. At times there's just enough space left for a single line of cars to pass on the other side. Pandemonium!

I'll post one if I'm ever that side, it's just a little ahead of the stretch in the above clip. A royal mess every evening.

In this country, the cops would sit there and book each one of them. Good revenue for the government.

Most of the older natives here slow down for traffic lights even if they just turned green right in front of their eyes :confused: Those same idiots drivers will wait till all lanes are clear for as far as they can see to make the close-side turn at a junction when all they need is adequate space and one clear lane to enter :mad: And their kinfolk would trail them through a red light instead of stopping like Kamkar1 did :eek:

I think I'll call my legislator and ask if he can get the document renamed to "SC Idiot's License suitable for Reckless Driving" :p
Phil
You just described the majority of Florida drivers :(

Last edited by a moderator:
In this country, the cops would sit there and book each one of them. Good revenue for the government.

They'd do it here too, only if the road ahead was wide enough for cars to be stopped without causing tailbacks during peak traffic time. The impatient ones take advantage of the situation as the traffic police are more inclined to keep things moving.

They'd do it here too, only if the road ahead was wide enough for cars to be stopped without causing tailbacks during peak traffic time. The impatient ones take advantage of the situation as the traffic police are more inclined to keep things moving.
+1

Hehehehehehe ....

Yeah , rabbits be crazy !
Why do they slow down for a green light ( intersection ) and then run the red ?
Yeah , I don't understand that ?

Hehehehehehe ....

Yeah , rabbits be crazy !
Why do they slow down for a green light ( intersection ) and then run the red ?
Yeah , I don't understand that ?
Um, because of all the other red-light runners that might T-bone them if they actually go through on green?

Back