Asian drivers at it again. Merging in w/o looking over / turn signals

vbx

Reaction score
Country
United States
That was close. I thought my car was gonna need a new paint job.

I have many videos of stupid white drivers as well as blacks, soccer moms, old grumpy ones etc.
Race has nothing to do with driving.
It just shows your mindset.

That looked like more of an intentional payback tactic. Whats the story? o_O

That looked like an over-reaction. If you look closely, the BMW was avoiding the pick-up truck that came into the BMW's lane. If you watch the rear view, you'll see the pick-up was avoiding a car that is sideways in a turning lane. But it looks like the BMW over reacted.

I'm wondering how the 'I had to run into that car because another car was going to run into me!' defense, actually works?

I'm wondering how the 'I had to run into that car because another car was going to run into me!' defense, actually works?
When someone moves into your lane, first action is to swerve because the driver is focused on avoiding the vehicle.
There is no time to first check the surroundings as the vehicle is already coming at you.
That's how almost all react. Braking won't help when someone is coming from the side next to you.
I also swerved to avoid a sure collision last week but I keep a habit of checking my immediate lanes all the time just in case.
Swerving probably saves from having an accident but sometimes ends up in even messier accident/s depending upon what's on the assumed empty lane.

Yes, I see those natural reactions every day, and they end up in more accidents than you think. (Usually with the vehicle who started the mess escaping, untouched.)

I wonder why the silver Nissan? driver was crawling along holding everybody up at 00:50.

Wow. I was so pissed I didn't realize the stupid truck driver was the reason for the chain reaction.

Yes, I see those natural reactions every day, and they end up in more accidents than you think. (Usually with the vehicle who started the mess escaping, untouched.)

This is so very true :( While I try to avoid crashes, unless I know I have 'an out' to move into without hitting someone else, I will hold my position and let them hit me. It's then clearly their fault as well as it being clear that they are not capable of driving safely plus then the responsible party will get to bear all the burden themselves, hopefully without anyone else becoming involved :p

Today's phrase to remember is: "Situational Awareness" :D Always know where you are and where everybody and everything else is around you :cool:

Phil

Back