Pics that make you smile

201733506115-6822-44ce-baa3-fe778631e62e.jpg

And that's why Superman wears his pants on the outside - he landed in America and that's what they told him to do.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Yeah and it get even more complicated when English are your second language.

I got a lower verbal english grade in school as they said i did not speak english but American :confused: no matter what the hell it was i was speaking it was a lot better than my teacher.
I might have been 50/50 English / American, but my teacher was like 30/70 Swedish / English

Cant say the same for my German teacher, his German was outstanding.

...english but American :confused:...
Reminds me of something one of my teachers/instructors/professors said many years ago when I was young enough to be in school. Something along the lines of - "England and America are two countries separated by a common language". To this day that's pretty much the truth. :D

So many of those terms have become blurred between the countries nowadays. For example, I have a guy whose business name uses the term "Rubbish Removal" when he stops by in his "garbage truck" to pick up my "trash". :D In many cases, both terms ascribed to each respective country are used in the US. (at least in my neck of the woods)

So many of those terms have become blurred between the countries nowadays. For example, I have a guy whose business name uses the term "Rubbish Removal" when he stops by in his "garbage truck" to pick up my "trash". :D In many cases, both terms ascribed to each respective country are used in the US. (at least in my neck of the woods)
It all works :D

You get the same issue with "Spanish" as spoken in Spain and "Spanish" as spoken in Mexico :rolleyes: For many years, the US educators taught "Spanish", not "Mexican", but that is changing as they now realize that for almost all of their students, "Mexican" is the "Spanish" they will need ;) I know a few words and phrases in several languages but I'm not fluent in any but "American English", especially the "Southern Appalachian" dialect where "Y'nses ain't got no smarts boutit atall so gimme a slug and hesh up" :p

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashcamDPR Off Topic 4
DrekiTech Off Topic 2
Back