Best video quality money can buy?

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hi!

For the moment I have a Blackvue 650GW 2-channel. The quality is good, but is there any better?
That have been released recently, or is about to.

I know that a action camera would be better, but I requir wifi and a easy to use format. So I would really prefer a "real dashcam".

Do you have any suggestions?

Best video quality is hard to chose. Best in what condition ? Daylight or nightlight ? Statics or moving ?
And usually a dashcam with wifi cant have a good video quality. :)
Action cam hasnt good night video quality

There is no single "best" and seeking the best for one situation can leave you so much worse off with other situations that it is a bad choice overall :( Every cam is a compromise, so arrange your priorities and be prepared to give a little in less important places to get more where you want it to be better :cool: But never seek only one best unless nothing else will ever matter ;)

Phil

Opia 2 is very good in the day but I found it disappointing at night - I actually think my Mobius 1 with B lens came close maybe even better at night (is a bit subjective as one was slightly sharper but the other had a better dynamic range so retrieved more detail / saw better in dark areas).

Also, adding the CPL filter makes the Opia 2 huge and very obvious. As a CPL helps greatly with windscreen reflections, I had 1 for all of 24hrs before sending it back. - Too large with the CPL and night performance offered little above a basic Mobius in my opinion.

As others have said, everything is a compromise. No stand out overall winner atm really. Just some better than others in some conditions. Just decide what is most important to you, day or night, how much you can compromise on the other one, and look from there.

I'm guessing that unless and until low noise wide ISO sensors as found on the latest DSLR's come down in price - many DSLR's can exceed ISO 5000 with little noise, and until at least some rudimentary means of metering is in place to take advantage of those sensors abilities, night performance will continue to be a compromise with cameras either excelling at night or day but not both. Just my opinion though, and I hope some manufacturer proves me wrong or implements the latest DSLR sensors!

I'm struggling to find a suction cup for it tho...

Attachments

• cam.jpg
    cam.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 20
do you need something that has pre-buffered parking mode? your options for video quality expand quite significantly if that isn't a requirement.
Running a pair of dash cams is probably the best way to have good parking mode and video quality

do you need something that has pre-buffered parking mode? your options for video quality expand quite significantly if that isn't a requirement.
Running a pair of dash cams is probably the best way to have good parking mode and video quality

Hi!
No, I dont need parking mode at all.

Just good video quality, GPS for the speed, and an easy to use Wifi-system, to transfer the files.

As I said I have the Blackvue 650GW now, and its really good!
It has all 3, but my channel is growing so fast that I thought it could be fun with an even better camera, IF there is anyone :)

Back