Mobius battery replacement?

winter4w

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1WH
What battery can I get that will replace my battery in my Mobius? The battery swelled up (probably from the heat). I would prefer ordering it from amazon.

You can change your battery to a supercapacitor which can withstand the heat much better.

Banggood has all the Mobius parts:

$5.99 820mAh battery: $4.58 Super Caps:
Phil

Hi All.
Does the 820mah battery can be installed in the Mobius1 action camera? im asking because i saw this in rcgroups forum:
Newer cameras are designed to use an 820mAh LiPo (803132). Newer models are date-stamped with 2014-08-19 (or later) on the circuit board under the lens module cable

i bought the Mobius 1 at the end of 2013, does it mean i can't install 820mah battery?
thanks.

I'm.sure others have used the bigger battery in the early model cameras before without a problem

Reactions: Adi
banggood link posted above says it does not ship to Israel (where i live). any other link (except for ebay which i already looked) to a site that ships worldwide with a decent price, max 15$?
thanks.

International air shipping of all Lithium type batteries has become a problem in recent months- I'd forgotten about that. Looks like BG stocks this only in their China warehouse :( Try other sources, maybe someone can do this more locally ;)

IIRC, the older Mobius will work with the newer battery but the charging time will be about twice as long. The newer ones have a higher charging rate and are also adaptable to super-caps. @Isoprop can give us a definitive answer.

Phil

Reactions: Adi
Hi All.
Does the 820mah battery can be installed in the Mobius1 action camera? im asking because i saw this in rcgroups forum:
Newer cameras are designed to use an 820mAh LiPo (803132). Newer models are date-stamped with 2014-08-19 (or later) on the circuit board under the lens module cable

i bought the Mobius 1 at the end of 2013, does it mean i can't install 820mah battery?
thanks.

@SawMaster has it right, and the definitive answer is right there in the Mobius Instruction Manual:

"A new hardware revision, released September 2014, is designed for 820mAh batteries which have a higher capacity than the original 520mAh batteries. The new battery is compatible with older hardware revisions but will take longer to charge. The new battery allows recording for over 2 hours whereas the 520mAh battery will only last about 80 minutes. All boards stamped with 2014-08-19 or later also offer over-voltage protection up to max. 24 Volt. If the external voltage exceeds 5V the camera will not start or charge".

Hi All.

thanks.

@electoponline 365 on ebay will ship to Israel FOC. They are Mobius's own online outlet store. Although they don't list it on their store they'll have it. Just ask them.
I have replaced the 820 mah battery to my old unit, no problem. IIRC the only problem with the newer and older housing is the sensor on the newer ones are slightly larger and will not fit older housing. Everything else is interchangeable.

Thanks, battery ordered and also ordered a new Mobius 2 :)

Keep an eye on the larger battery from Banggood. I installed one in my original Mobius (same vintage as yours) and it swelled up very quickly- within a couple of months. It now looks like a balloon full of gas and the Mobius case also melted/ warped.

(The only reason I replaced the original battery was because it had lost capacity. I replaced the bloated battery with the capacitors from Banggood.)

Back