New lenses and night performance....

@Dashmellow Thank you for taking the trouble. :)

You know what, I'm going to go ahead with my intended purchase of a new D lens unit and an additional A2 module. Let's see how it goes.

I'm very interested in seeing what results you get both with color balance and possible color shifts.

I'm very interested in seeing what results you get both with color balance and possible color shifts.

I'm actually hoping that your unit was a one-off case, either way I should have some videos in a couple of weeks.

Noticed a shift with the C2, first time it's happened (or I've noticed) since I got the cam.

Mine is the same. Initial starting gets a blueish screen then corrects itself.

The red SUV seems to have set off the shift when the cam turned on.

Noticed a shift with the C2, first time it's happened (or I've noticed) since I got the cam.

The C2? Up until now I've been thinking the color shifts are only on the A2 lens (and maybe the D, but nobody has reported that yet.

Is this C2 lens brand new or is it one you've had for a while?

I've been wondering if there might be some issue with recent production runs of the sensor module rather than this being a specific lens optic issue.

These color shift issues were resolved long ago so it is odd for them to be reappearing.

In the past, if these color shift issues were resolved long ago without changing lens so it is a software problem. Not a hardware problem. So it happens in all lens.

Mine was shipped in July last year (from BG).

In the past, if these color shift issues were resolved long ago without changing lens so it is a software problem. Not a hardware problem. So it happens in all lens.

I'm not so sure. My working theory at the moment is that it may be a hardware problem with the newer production sensor modules. I own two older C2 cameras and they don't have any color shifts. None of my older Mobius cams do, only the new one sent to me last December has these color shifts. As for firmware, I do think that an update will be needed for the new glass.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure. My working theory at the moment is that it may be a hardware problem with the newer production sensor modules. I own two older C2 cameras and they don't have any color shifts. None of my older Mobius cams do, only the new one sent to me last December has these color shifts. As for firmware, I do think that an update will be needed for the new glass.
But i never saw any kind of glass can made color change in some circumstances like that. Usually, software can do it easily. This thing made me remember last tab in msetup. This tab is about changing colour in many tone.

But i never saw any kind of glass can made color change in some circumstances like that. Usually, software can do it easily. This thing made me remember last tab in msetup. This tab is about changing colour in many tone.

With my A2 lens camera there are two separate color issues. One - the camera often captures images with an overall CYAN color cast. Two - the camera will often shift from a properly color balanced image to a dramatically overall CYAN color cast when it encounters a large RED object like a RED brick building or a large RED truck.

What I was saying in my previous post is that the new A2 lens (the "glass" may require a dedicated firmware setting just for the A2 lens in the same way there is currently a specific setting for the A - B and C lenses in mSetup. Each of those settings accommodates the unique exposure and color characteristics of each lens. (each "glass".) For example, two years ago when I put a "B" lens into a "C" lens module I had to reset the lens to "B" in mSetup otherwise there was a color cast issue.

See THIS link for the discussion.

Last edited:
Back