New Firmware today - 2017.2.22, version number is V1.2

Was the camera fine with previous firmware? Thought you said this has only occurred with the v1.2 update. If that's the case, why not downgrade to see if the issue goes away. If it does, then it may not be a fault with the camera.
Why downgrade to worse firmware? The new firmware is loads better. No one else has issues with the newer firmware. It has to be the camera.

Thank you! Yes I've asked today to Foxoffer for a replacement. Will wait monday for reply.
After you get it can you let this forum know how your new A119S is. Good luck.:)

Why downgrade to worse firmware? The new firmware is loads better. No one else has issues with the newer firmware. It has to be the camera.
I don't think it has to be the camera. He said the new version "broke" the camera. I'm only suggesting he downgrade to see if issue goes away. If he downgrades and the issue is still there, then it's the camera. Always possible the firmware did not load correctly. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

I don't think it has to be the camera. He said the new version "broke" the camera. I'm only suggesting he downgrade to see if issue goes away. If he downgrades and the issue is still there, then it's the camera. Always possible the firmware did not load correctly. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
Yes you are right because you probably forgot, a while back I was complaining that after a firmware update My cam was not working the way it should and you asked me if I had set it back to default and I said no. But after I did it the cam worked perfect.

Temporarily Downgrading wouldn't be permanent of course. Anything you can do to troubleshoot deeper and rule out what's going on is a good thing.

Yes you are right because you probably forgot, a while back I was complaining that after a firmware update My cam was not working the way it should and you asked me if I had set it back to default and I said no. But after I did it the cam worked perfect.

not resetting all defaults after upgrading can cause issues and is something that is very often overlooked

not resetting all defaults after upgrading can cause issues and is something that is very often overlooked

That's a good point as well. I've seen that exact scenario be the problem on various products as a long time IT support person over the years.

to confirm if the issue is hardware or not
If v1 works, it doesn't rectify the issue with v2 does it? Downloading a new copy of v2 and reinstalling would be wise to make sure it's not firmware.

Thank you for Image Rotation Bug fixing in V1.2!
Now I can set the camera on motorcycle.
Not clear why Rotation happened immediately and impacts Menu itself during setting.
Probably lack of testing resources may explain it :)

Just updated successfully to V1.2! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.

Q; is it really worth the trouble to do the firmware update, i mean is there a big difference

Have a look at the sample video posted of new/old firmware... Picture quality is improved quite a bit. That said if you are only using it in case of a driving event that I guess it does not much matter...

I personally use mine to document road trips.. Better colours make a difference!

I think it's better as bit rate is increased in 1.2, sure it place larger files to SD 400k vs 300k
Is there a way to change bit rate?

I'm a bit late with the update!
I've tried with firmware 1.0 provided from foxoffer support and the problem is the same.
Support has been very good, but I have to pay the shipping to China while they are going to send me a new camera.
I've uploaded a video to show the bad quality when it gets dark with yellow tint overall.
For the rest the camera is very good. Next time I would stick some damping material under the GPS socket, because the audio take a lot of vibration and very deep frequencies form my car.

I've been on the new firmware for about a week or 2 now and today when I left work I noticed that my camera was reset to the default settings. So each time I shut the truck off and restarted it my camera was reset and the video was overwritten because of being reset to the same date. So tonight I reflashed the 1.2 firmware twice in a row and reset the camera to defaults and then used a paperclip to push the reset button. I set all of my settings again and I turned my ignition off and back on a few times waiting a minute or 2 in between. So far my settings seem to be sticking but I guess I'll find out for sure in the morning.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm a bit late with the update!
I've tried with firmware 1.0 provided from foxoffer support and the problem is the same.
Support has been very good, but I have to pay the shipping to China while they are going to send me a new camera.
I've uploaded a video to show the bad quality when it gets dark with yellow tint overall.
For the rest the camera is very good. Next time I would stick some damping material under the GPS socket, because the audio take a lot of vibration and very deep frequencies form my car.
It seems too much yellow than expected, can you check the firmware version?

I don't have yellow after upgrade to 1.2
at night

Back