Junsun S100 WiFi Novatek 96650 1080p30 Review

Thanks @niko, @Sunny.
Seems odd to have constant power to it and Acc. just to switch it ON and Off. Hopefully when Off will also cut power to camera and capacitor to save the last file and RTC.
there is no battery or super cap at all from what it claims from my understanding. I did open it up before and I don't recall a super cap being in it either. so that batt connection is required for proper shut down I assume.

there is no battery or super cap at all from what it claims from my understanding. I did open it up before and I don't recall a super cap being in it either. so that batt connection is required for proper shut down I assume.

I have yet to see one of these with capacitors or batteries

Not needed.
I connected with ACC car charger and it worked fine. I mean I connected both power leads to ACC and it worked fine.
Last file was not corrupt.

Not needed.
I connected with ACC car charger and it worked fine. I mean I connected both power leads to ACC and it worked fine.
Last file was not corrupt.

Kept time too? If it does, it must have some storage device within. Similar units under different names states it use capacitor.

Kept time too? If it does, it must have some storage device within. Similar units under different names states it use capacitor.
only needs an RTC battery to keep time, some suppliers call this a capacitor but it's a type of battery

only needs an RTC battery to keep time, some suppliers call this a capacitor but it's a type of battery
maybe there was one i didnt notice. to be honest i was in a conversation with someone whlie taking it apart and it flung open and pieces went all over my lap haha. then i just tried to put it back together without inspecting it much. i didnt see a typical battery or super cap tho. i was just seeing if there was potential for interesting mods.

you may not even see an RTC cell, they're generally only about 5mm in diameter, some of the solutions don't even have that but they auto sync the time off your phone when you connect via WiFi so it's fairly transparent to the end user, I would think when they are setup most people would be connecting via WiFi to check it and may not notice what is going on in the background

maybe there was one i didnt notice. to be honest i was in a conversation with someone whlie taking it apart and it flung open and pieces went all over my lap haha. then i just tried to put it back together without inspecting it much. i didnt see a typical battery or super cap tho. i was just seeing if there was potential for interesting mods.

Then it must be a small disc battery like @jokiin said. Pretty hard not to see a big cylindrical thing like a capacitor.

Can someone post the inner and the outer sizes of RV mirror base hole? I want to be sure that it fits my car (Subaru XV) and is doesn't conflict with nearby objects. Thanks

It was a camera like this i saw a while back, the #3 dashcam i have seen in another car this year, so things is improving here.

Hi guys. I just bought this dashcam and wanna know how to install it. Can I just plug the power wire on the fuse box inside the car? Those tips looks like a car's fuse.

Thanks.

Hi guys. I just bought this dashcam and wanna know how to install it. Can I just plug the power wire on the fuse box inside the car? Those tips looks like a car's fuse.

Thanks.
Connect to 12v.
ACC only for on/off.
I think power comes from +ve connection, not ACC.

Can someone share manual of this cam?

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 6 Pro mediante Tapatalk

Also does anyone have the following issue in that the dashcam is constantly on even after the car has been turned off. I was under the impression that it would stop recording after the car shuts down.

I have connected the red wire to the rear wipers fuse and the yellow to the constant power source in the hazard lights (guessing this is to ensure it saves the correct date and time info). Is it meant to record all the time?

Also does anyone have the following issue in that the dashcam is constantly on even after the car has been turned off. I was under the impression that it would stop recording after the car shuts down.

I have connected the red wire to the rear wipers fuse and the yellow to the constant power source in the hazard lights (guessing this is to ensure it saves the correct date and time info). Is it meant to record all the time?
It has been so long since I used this cam, isn't there some sort of parking mode? I would need to rewatch my review haha. Also, did you use a voltage checker to make sure those fuses are on/off as acc or batt fuses?

Back