Windscreen sucker problem on tint dots

GambleGold

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello, my dashcam came with a suction cup mount. The best place is in front of the rear view mirror, however the windscreen has a patch of tinting there, made up of tiny raised dots. So the suction does not last for long and the whole thing falls off. Is there any kind of material, substance etc which will enable a lasting seal? Is there some other way to attach the dashcam?
Thanks

Find some high quality double-sided tape, preferably black. Peel the paper from both sides then stick one side to the suction cup. Now attach the suction cup as you would normally. End of problem.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for reading and replying.
It is a Next Base Base dash cam 112.
I'm favouring the black double sided tape solution so far. Thanks

You can get a 3M disk that you can stick to the dot area, then suction the mount to that. Search for 3M dashboard disk. Make sure to get the ones with the red backing. There are different sizes as well.

Thanks for the specifics. I'm assuming it can be removed later, if need be, and not damage the tinting. Correct?

Thanks for the specifics. I'm assuming it can be removed later, if need be, and not damage the tinting. Correct?
Yes, shouldn't be an issue. Would need to remove like any other adhesive mount.

Hello,
We have designed a mount with a 3M adhesive pad on it instead of the vacuum suction mount.
If you contact our technical support at support@nextbase.co.uk we can arrange an adhesive mount to be sent out for you.

Back