G1W reloaded: Viofo G1W-S with Sony IMX323 CMOS

Hi, new user to the forum and just ordered a Viofo G1W-S. Where do I find firmware updates for it? I checked Viofo website and only see firmware for the A119s. Thanks!

Hi, new user to the forum and just ordered a Viofo G1W-S. Where do I find firmware updates for it? I checked Viofo website and only see firmware for the A119s. Thanks!

that's where they will be once they release them, it's a fairly new model so it will be on the latest version already

Anyone had audio issues yet? I have tried two new SD cards different makes, done a re set on the camera, but Audio only comes on for a split second than goes off for around 15 seconds then on again for a split second ect....

From the day you got it or is it a new issue? My cam will be here Saturday, I'll give it a thorough run (including trying 16 GPS units!) and see what's good or not good

No, if I pull the card out, or turn the cam off, the audio is fine once the camera is back on, until later, then it goes back off I assume at the point off overwrite.

So its happening with a full memory card that's starting to overwrite the older files again? I'd say its not a card issue anyway.

No, if I pull the card out, or turn the cam off, the audio is fine once the camera is back on (...)
Do you mean the first "freshly" recorded files have good audio? How many files does the camera save until the problem starts again?

So I received my G1W-S today and got it hooked up with GPS. I have a question about the Loop setting. What setting do most people leave it on? I guess I am trying to figure that setting out still.

Thanks!

there's no preferred setting, whatever suits you, I normally use 3 minute, some people like 1 minute, others prefer longer times for whatever reason, just personal preference

So I received my G1W-S today and got it hooked up with GPS. I have a question about the Loop setting. What setting do most people leave it on? I guess I am trying to figure that setting out still.

Thanks!
I use 5 mins, because with the "luck" I have, the "interesting" stuff always occured between the end of one clip and the beginning of the next one. :D

Back