Multiple Restarts and Corrupted Files

FancyJesse

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A119S
Hey everyone, I got my A119S last week and ran into a couple issues yesterday and today.

I noticed sometimes when I'm driving I hear the startup sound mid-trip. This happened a couple dozen times today and it's pretty annoying.

I also noticed that many clips from yesterday and today I'm unable to open in VLC. Some of the clips that don't open give me the error "Bad file descriptor) While others just hang without playing.

I am on the latest firmware and have formatted my SD card prior to installation.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

with or without GPS?

if with GPS try connecting power directly to the camera instead of through the mount

with or without GPS?

if with GPS try connecting power directly to the camera instead of through the mount

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I screwed up and put the dashcam+GPS too close to center. My vehicle has a radar box on top, so it blocks the USB port the camera has. So the GPS port is the only available one for me now.

I hope I don't jinx it, but I reformatted, reinstalled the firmware. Also recounted the camera to the GPS and it seems to be working perfectly fine now. My best guess is probably just bad contact between GPS module and the cam itself.

I'll be sure to come back here if anything changes.

Also, if you worse comes to worse, any tips on how to remove and reapply the adhesive?

Hello FancyJesse,

i have the same problem. I'll try it tomorrow (with power supply directly). I just formated the sd. So Ill give a try too.
i removed the adhesive with a blow dryer. Just heat it a little bit, and pull carefully.

kr

Hello,

GPS-powered: corrupted files (on the road for 2,5h)
directly powert: everything is fine (on the road for 3,25h).

So, what do you think: contact the seller and try to get a new gps-mount? I don't have the pin-stuck.

KR

I read in an other thread, that there will be an upgraded version of the gps mount. Does someone know more about it?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

I seem to be having the same issue... but my question is: WHY make a new GPS mount that's not compatible with the existing A119S????? I just got my camera 3 weeks ago... so you're saying that in order to get my issue fixed I need to buy ANOTHER camera????? Really???

Or am i missing something???? Please explain..

There's two sides to the connection, camera side and the mount side, I'm sure if they could have sorted it by just updating the mount they would have done that, it's being changed because that's what was needed

So today I realized there were no restarts on my dashcam. I didn't hear the noise at all, just the startup sound when starting my car.

Later when I got home I figured it was strange that it was doing that, so I started my car and looked at it. The VIOFO logo only shows and the camera never starts.
I have removed the SD card and pressed the reset button. Only the VIOFO logo shows, the camera doesn't boot up.

Not sure what to do now.. Maybe all those constant restarts messed up my camera..

Also I left an Amazon review to the seller and they told me to contact them via email and I did. But there hasn't been a response yet. It's been over a week now.

try reloading the firmware, even in its current state it should be able to load it as the firmware will load before the point where the logo comes up so the bootloader should be fine

Back