Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I can't find the built in formatter in the tools section of the Mobius GUI software to format the card to FAT32. I have mSetup Vers. 4.0.9.2. The only thing I found is In-Camera FORMAT. Is this the correct one? If so, how do I format it to FAT32 once I format the card back to default exFAT settings in my PC?

Just to make sure, if I am formatting the card back to default exFAT settings in my PC, can I use quick format? What would be the allocation unit size?

I just formatted the card back to default exFAT settings in my PC, and I just formatted my card in Mobius GUI software. Then it prompted me to disconnect the camera. When I reconnect the camera, I get a window asking me format the disk before I can use it. Am I doing anything wrong? Do I press format disk?

How do I ignore it? It's not letting me do anything with it unless I press format disk. And when I press format disk, it's going to ask me to format it back to exFAT.

Have you tried using the cam to see if it functions properly or not?

Phil

I have a 128Gb Kingston card (80MB/s write) and have simply formatted it with guiformat.exe in my PC (WIN8.1), always worked like a charm, recording and looping. (Using it in another camera now.)

I have a 128Gb Kingston card (80MB/s write) and have simply formatted it with guiformat.exe in my PC (WIN8.1), always worked like a charm, recording and looping. (Using it in another camera now.)
Did you format it to exFAT or FAT32? Can you give me the link to buy the card?

Hello all, new here and hoping someone can help. I'm pretty sure I did all the steps correctly when setting up my Mobius for Dashcam use. Changed the battery for a capacitor, hardwired properly, etc..

When I go into my Mobius to view any recording all I get is VLC could not read the file (Bad file descriptor) when trying to play it through VLC. If I try to copy the file to my PC, I get Error 0x8007045D: Request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. The dates are wrong on the files but from what I've been reading that's an issue with not having the battery inside so the device cannot keep the proper date. I don't think that has anything to do with my situation. Has anyone ever encountered this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hello all, new here and hoping someone can help. I'm pretty sure I did all the steps correctly when setting up my Mobius for Dashcam use. Changed the battery for a capacitor, hardwired properly, etc..

When I go into my Mobius to view any recording all I get is VLC could not read the file (Bad file descriptor) when trying to play it through VLC. If I try to copy the file to my PC, I get Error 0x8007045D: Request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. The dates are wrong on the files but from what I've been reading that's an issue with not having the battery inside so the device cannot keep the proper date. I don't think that has anything to do with my situation. Has anyone ever encountered this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

So I tried replacing the cap with the battery and reset settings to default and still getting same errors. Going to try and insert the flash card into another device and see if that might be the problem.

Last edited:
So I tried replacing the cap with the battery and reset settings to default and still getting same errors. Going to try and insert the flash card into another device and see if that might be the problem.

yeah trying the card in a card reader would be a good idea at this stage

So I just went with battery instead of cap and hardwired. Works so sticking to this setup for now.

Back