Is this a good Micro SD card for the Spy Tec G1W-C?

jfsoto1988

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F50, Thinkware F200, Thinkware FA200.
I got a $15 Best Buy Rewards certificate in the mail today. :D Time for some Micro SD Card shopping.

Since I didn't had anything higher than 4GB when I got my G1W-C in the mail, I used a Kingston 4GB Class 4 Micro SD Card (FAT32). It works good, but I only get 30 minutes of continuous footage.

Is this a good Micro SD card?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-32gb-microsdhc-class-4-memory-card/5706830.p?skuId=5706830

I know I have to avoid Class 10, but wasn't there some brands to avoid too?

There seems to be nothing but Class 10 at Best Buy. :(

What about this one? Class U3?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kingsto...-u3-memory-card-black/4590601.p?skuId=4590601

Class 10 is best, you don't need the expense of U3 memory cards, don't use Sandisk in this model, Transcend, Samsung, Kingston Class 10 U1 cards are fine

Techmoan on YouTube had suggested against using class 10 as there were some issues with G1w cams, recommending class 6 instead

I never tried class 10s in mine since it had a 32gb class 6 in with it when I bought it so I just used that, with absolutely no problems at all

both my mivue's have class 10s in, I suppose I should have tried one before I broke the g1w :D

Gonna see how my G1W-S performs with both class 6 and class 10 when it arrives, and update accordingly (they're all only 32gb though)

Of the 4 different G1W cams I've used, none have had problems with class 10 cards. Nor have I heard of anyone else having this kind of issue. YMMV but I doubt it will.

Phil

Of the 4 different G1W cams I've used, none have had problems with class 10 cards. Nor have I heard of anyone else having this kind of issue. YMMV but I doubt it will.

Phil

the recommendation to use class 6 cards is unfounded, class 10 is fine

Techmoan on YouTube had suggested against using class 10 as there were some issues with G1w cams, recommending class 6 instead
That may have been true in 2013 when he tested the G1W but not anymore. Both my G1W and my G1W-H, bought in 2015, came with a leaflet inside warning to use only class 6 cards or above, being class 10 the ones they recommended. :)

Back