New xiaoimi yi camera on the horizon

well sound have never been a issue for me as i most often discard / replace it with music
And sticking a camera / microphone in the face of people, or myself for a interview or vloggin style recording is just not my style, unless as seen with my latest upload i am just having fun.

I have seen people prefer the gopro 4 sound over the gopro 5 sound.

Anyway sound in itself are easy to correct in post ( i think ) so if anything i would prefer the audio to be the lesser performer on any camera.
On a phone it would off course be the other way around.

Edit: i figures that jokiin, just laying it on here.
There are some new ( 1 - 2 week ) 4k+ videos too, but they all have music put on top of footage.

This video seem to have a lot of 4k+ footage and audio in the start too, looks alright i think.

But i fear there is a gimbal in play for the moving around footage, if not 4kEIS is impressive.

This video seem to have a lot of 4k+ footage and audio in the start too, looks alright i think.

But i fear there is a gimbal in play for the moving around footage, if not 4kEIS is impressive.

...yes, indeed....there is very likely a gimbal used...you can clearly see that from the type of shootage (towards the end, there are some scene where the camera is hold lower as compered to the operator...a typical scene that you usually shoot with a gimbal or a stick). Moreover, the 4k+ has EIS, but only at 30fps....and here on Youtube the video is well stable, also when panning, even at 2160p60.

but still...quality is very good, and video very stable....hopefully also the 4k+ will offer some way to customize/hack the camera as for the predecessor (even if not as much as for the Xiaomi Yi, which allows to edit the firmware, at least as for the normal Yi 4k, where by using scripts you can customize bitrate and go up to 100/120Mbit or more....). A 2160p60 camera with bitrate at 150/180Mbit should definitely be a GoPro killer (and, perhaps....also a battery killer in that case..... :) )

Weird....I received an "in stock" email from geekbuying but once I clicked on the link was still on "arrival notice"..Don't think they had stock in the first place.

Weird....I received an "in stock" email from geekbuying but once I clicked on the link was still on "arrival notice"..Don't think they had stock in the first place.
Agreed. Happened the same to me. I consider at least one more month before ordering....not sure the stock is enough and I want to avoid paying now for something that I might receive in 2 months....

Not that I like his "reviews" but at least some info here (external mic)

would have been better if he wasnt talking directly into the mic. put the mic near the camera like the internal one is, then do your test. that way we can hear a side by side difference.

I will say only get if you are going to record 4k footage, and if your computer have the power to edit that footage.

It's now available at geekbuying, $30 off with the coupon YI4KPLUS. How's it?

comparison with GP5...

Yeah that would be remarkable if there wasn't a gimble in play.

I also wonder if they've downgraded the lens to save money for the production version as it doesn't look quite as clear to me as some of the earlier videos. It has a slight mist compared to what I remember seeing before.

I got a RPLY there was a gimbal in play for those recordings.

anyone every buy from geekbuying? im thinking of getting the 4k+ but never dealt with them. i chatted with them, was told they have plenty. and its only $10.00 for DHL shipping which is 5 day instead of the free 15-30 day shipping LOL

more videos

Nice looking footage, but there got to have been a gimbal in use.
And a gimbal is alright, but i would prefer to see how the claimed 4K EIS work.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B YI 4K+ Action Camera 0
Matt_V939 YI 4K+ Action Camera 26
Back