ThiEye Dual Battery Charger

For front-mounting filters, I have these three in mind:

A 40.5mm
http://www.ebay.com.my/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=40.5MM+UV+Filter+Lens+Cover+Set+for+GoPro+Hero+4/3+/3+Camera+Accessories+.*&_sacat=0

OR a smaller 37mm
http://www.ebay.com.my/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Filter+Adapter+++37mm+ND4+Filter+++Lens+Cap+Kit+For+GOPRO+HERO3/3++Camera*&_sacat=0
I am unsure which one will fit the t5e but for a couple bucks I am willing to try them both, instead of the larger 52mm, common for the hero5.

OR this even smaller one:
http://www.ebay.com.my/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=Standard+Border+Frame+Housing+Case+++UV+Lens+++Protector+for+GoPro+Hero+4+3++3&_sacat=0

I am getting all this 3 style and see how it goes.
But I see you found some good options too. If the above fail I might try your options. Whatever it is, we have no choice but to try them all, guinea pigs we are, LOL

Last edited:
That's all you can do, buy a few and hope. Luckily pretty cheap and some are still quite good quality.
We at least know the SJ4000 cap/filter will not fit. Hopefully Hero versions might. :)

I have finally got some time to mod a new battery charger (fitting i30 & i60 only) for my T5e, and it took about 15 minutes to finish the job.

The battery + & - notches match perfectly to the charger. Once latched on, it is quite firm so I don't have to find a way to close-off the exposed edge.

All I have to use is only a craft knife to score lines and a flat file. P1000821.jpg P1000823.jpg P1000824.jpg P1000825.jpg P1000826.jpg P1000827.jpg P1000828.jpg

Now i have a dual-battery charger working perfectly for my T5e;)

bob santos
Yes that's the idea. Good job.
ThiEYE even better than the SJ4000 clone chargers. The charging pins are at same end so you can have 2 slots.
My clone has alternate slots so only 1 can be cut.
This original from SJCAM direct is no good, pins wrong end. So remember, only buy cheap SJ4000 clones not NAME brands LOL

Time-limited-Hot-4pcs-Sjcam-Sj4000-Battery-Bateria-Sj-4000-5000-6000-Dual-Usb-Charger-For.jpg

Last edited:
Or pre-cut version from GearBest LINK. Not sure of size though and still needs a bit of filing I would imagine.
20160715095851_13041.jpg

Aussie Kev
That's a great find!

Hopefully it's good for charging batteries and not charring them... he he...LoL

I have finally got some time to mod a new battery charger (fitting i30 & i60 only) for my T5e, and it took about 15 minutes to finish the job.

The battery + & - notches match perfectly to the charger. Once latched on, it is quite firm so I don't have to find a way to close-off the exposed edge.

All I have to use is only a craft knife to score lines and a flat file. View attachment 30097 View attachment 30098 View attachment 30099 View attachment 30100 View attachment 30101 View attachment 30102 View attachment 30103

Now i have a dual-battery charger working perfectly for my T5e;)
Has your Do-It-Yourself charger been working OK? No over or undercharging? Batteries still OK/ Thinking of making one of these myself...

Has your Do-It-Yourself charger been working OK? No over or undercharging? Batteries still OK/ Thinking of making one of these myself...

Hi! Yes, the charger works perfectly 100%! No issues at all! I don't know if there's any over/undercharging but I don't really care so long I have 2 batteries standing by. Even if they expire sooner they are very cheap. However I still get plenty of battery time enough to satisfy me and not suspecting any issues with it. Hope this help:)

Hi! Yes, the charger works perfectly 100%! No issues at all! I don't know if there's any over/undercharging but I don't really care so long I have 2 batteries standing by. Even if they expire sooner they are very cheap. However I still get plenty of battery time enough to satisfy me and not suspecting any issues with it. Hope this help:)
I can't seem to find a source for the Thieye dual charger to be sent to the USA. Amazon UK lists them, but states that they cannot go to the US. Anybody found a US source? Thanks, Andy

I can't seem to find a source for the Thieye dual charger to be sent to the USA. Amazon UK lists them, but states that they cannot go to the US. Anybody found a US source? Thanks, Andy

Well, that's out of my league there:p Hope someone see this and help out.

EBay?
I know nothing about Thieye. Would batteries for i60/i60e fit?
Also there were listings for another battery name when I typed in thieye, but none for T5e
Before buying the SJ7 STAR I considered the t5e but lack of batteries made it a no go.
A 4k action cam without extra batteries is none-starter!

Last edited by a moderator:
EBay?
I know nothing about Thieye. Would batteries for i60/i60e fit?
Also there were listings for another battery name when I typed in thieye, but none for T5e
Before buying the SJ7 STAR I considered the t5e but lack of batteries made it a no go.
A 4k action cam without extra batteries is none-starter!
The ThiEYE Chargers available are for i30/i60 cams only. They haven't released a charger for T5/T5e yet. Batteries are bigger (longer) and don't fit any current charger on the market that I have seen.
Maybe the Andoer AN7000 batteries are the same and have a charger?

EDIT - AN7000 us S1050 (1050mAh) batteies which are same size of the T5e FA1100 battery.

ThiEYE say chargers "Coming soon" when asked.

Last edited:
Hi Bob, were did you buy the thieye battery charger?
Thank you.

Hi Bob, were did you buy the thieye battery charger?
Thank you.

Hi gia_fux, I got mine from a local seller here in Malaysia and I am not sure if they will do overseas postage but anyway, here's the link: https://www.lelong.com.my/thieye-i3...rger-ykonlineshop-I5368712-2007-01-Sale-I.htm

and it's so cheap!

Take notice that the dual charger is meant for Thieye i30/i60 batteries and needed to be modified as shown above (please scroll up for the mod) for the T5e battery to fit coz the T5e battery is a little larger than the i30/i60.

Good luck!

Home work done fully functional dual charger thanks to bob santos :)

so.. whats the cheapest source for second batteries for the t5e?
I have not found any yet. Happy for someone to point me in the right direction.

so.. whats the cheapest source for second batteries for the t5e?
I have not found any yet. Happy for someone to point me in the right direction.

The cheapest and compatible is this one from Andoer AN7000 wich is the same and coming from the same manufacturer just a different printing finish US$4.69 LINK

If you want "original" :)

From US Amazon T5/T5e battery US $8.99 LINK

For International global T5/T5e battery US $10.56 LINK

Last edited:
The cheapest and compatible is this one from Andoer AN7000 wich is the same and coming from the same manufacturer just a different printing finish US$4.69 LINK

If you want "original" :)

From US Amazon T5/T5e battery US $8.99 LINK

For International global T5/T5e battery US $10.56 LINK

Thanks ToniTony for pointing out. Our international friends would be glad to see this.(y)

Back