Any experience with the super cheap 808's lately? ($5-15 US)

Jukebox

Reaction score
Country
United States
Been following the forums for a while and most of the discussion is on the #16 and above (16, 18, 26, etc). Wondering if anyone has bought any low-end 808's recently. There are tons without a version listing on eBay and Amazon, and as Chuck Lohr points out, many sellers can't tell you what version they're selling. Even many Youtube review vids are unidentified as to version #.

I took a chance on a supposed #11 for $12.99US yesterday from happy.spring (eBay) so we'll see what happens (most other #11's seem to be around $30). I was actually looking for a cheap #3, except it appears they're not as popular anymore. I wish more reviewers were familiar with identification methods so we could decipher what's for sale on Amazon.

I have seen these on Amazon. I have been thinking about getting a real 808 to put on my keys that are always in my pocket as kind of a PersonCam in case something happens while i am walking back to my car and it is out of my DashCams FOV or i am out for a walk and something happens. Might be quicker then pulling out my cell phone turning it on finding my camera application and setting it to video.

I have not done a ton of research yet, but my assumption is that it is the same kind of go around as if you were buying what looked like a DVR-027 on Amazon. Remember as jokiin has mentioned You get what you pay for sometimes less.

Last edited by a moderator:
For me the only 808 cameras are #16, #18 and the expensive #26. I think for most of the people 720p is enough so $35-40 is a good price for nice real 720p.
You can buy the real #11 (or #16, #18) only from the real sellers. Others are fake.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back