New member.

Roger Barker

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi, new member in New Zealand. Just bought myself a DDPai M6+ and right out of the box I've struck a small problem. I didn't realise I would need a smart phone (which I don't have) to set up the camera. I do however have a couple of Mac's running system 10.10.5 Yosmite and have downloaded the DDPai app but can't seem to open it. Can anyone tell me what program I'd have to update too so I can run the app? Just hoping I don't now have to buy an iPhone :)

Many thanks for any help or suggestions.

Cheers, Roger

My experience is in Windows, not Apple, but I have never found Android emulators worth the effort. My old Blackberry Z10 phone, emulating Android, didn't seem to work with my M6+.
Recently, I've been using either of a couple of Android 6 phones, both very low cost, and both have been excellent value, and useful for things other than as phones, so that's what I'd suggest. I certainly can't afford anything like an iPhone. These were about a fifteenth to 20th of the price (one was from the remainder area of a UK Aldi supermarket).

It is a tragedy that the M6+ doesn't have Mac or Windows software,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I don't know anyone with an iPhone. Will look into the cost of buying an Android 6 and give it a go so thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers, Roger

If you don't want to spend much and just want it for the M6+, I don't think there is any point in spending much. You just need an Android 6 phone with at least 1G memory and 8G space. With Android 6 (but not earlier versions) you can turn it into a 1G +32GB phone just by adding a memory card.

For example, via ebay, I bought a "THL T6C" phone from an obviously Chinese stockist in the UK for about 38uk pounds. This was after the recent fall in value of the pound, previous phones were in the '20's.
I have had other equally unknown make similar phones for family members, and all but one have been excellent. (The less good one had a screen misalignment fault that made typing erratic but was otherwise fine).

Older version, old stock, Android phones are even cheaper on ebay.

If you don't want to spend much and just want it for the M6+, I don't think there is any point in spending much. You just need an Android 6 phone with at least 1G memory and 8G space. With Android 6 (but not earlier versions) you can turn it into a 1G +32GB phone just by adding a memory card.

For example, via ebay, I bought a "THL T6C" phone from an obviously Chinese stockist in the UK for about 38uk pounds. This was after the recent fall in value of the pound, previous phones were in the '20's.
I have had other equally unknown make similar phones for family members, and all but one have been excellent. (The less good one had a screen misalignment fault that made typing erratic but was otherwise fine).

Older version, old stock, Android phones are even cheaper on ebay.

Thanks for your reply Billaboard. The information you supplied is just what I was needing and has given me confidence to place an order for one of these phones on ebay.

Maybe one day M6+ will supply software for Windows and Mac.

Thanks again, Roger
NZ

Back