K1S Protect Video after it has been taken

GrooveClip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

With the k1s I can press the emergency button during an incident to protect those clips.

After something has happened and I'm watching a video back, how to I mark it to be protected?

Someone just drove into our car while we we were parked and idling at a motorway services so we got it on video, but we didn't press the button in time. How can we stop that file being overwritten before we get home? (We have serveral hours of driving to do still!).

Thanks,

Were you able to get an answer to your question ? I'm looking at buying one of these, but nobody has been able to confirm if it possible to 'protect' an 'old' file and save it from being overwritten.

Thanks

Hey,

Unfortunately not, apparently it's not possible, not that I could find in various manuals or on other forums.
You need to press the alarm button immediately, you can't do it retrospectively.

Pez

Thanks for the ( quick ) reply. According to the user manual, which I have downloaded, it should be possible to do it :-

2.3.3 Deleting Files
To delete or protect file(s), do the following From the video standby or photo standby window: 1.Press[▼]button to enter into video list 2.Press[▲] [▼] button to select file. Hold [Menu] button for 2 second. 3.Press [▲] [▼] button to Delete file, and press OK.

But nobody has been able to confirm it :(

It's a very strange omission, when even the most basic of dashcams seem to offer the option .....

Very frustrating, as it looks to be a very good unit, otherwise.

If you have the time, would you be kind enough to explore that menu system and see if there IS such an option hidden away - the maunual certainly suggests it ...

John M

Back