Are there multiple versions of the A118C?

inspire

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I bought my A118-C from GearBest for $40 not too long ago and been using it for around a year now. There have been no problems at all except for the video quality.

Do I have a different version of the A118-C? The video quality does not seem to be the same as the videos that I have seen. But I am not sure.

For example:

http://image.prntscr.com/image/42744ebd9ad9464792eb83ccc5a68a7a.png

Or is this the normal quality of the A118C?

Last edited:
is that what it was when you bought it?

Hmm, no I updated it when that firmware just released, I can't remember what it was when I bought it though.

Last edited:
I would like to ask the same question. I also have bought my dash cam on gearbest.com. I am very dissapointed from the video quality. I hope that I can get my money back.

I'd rather have a tooth pulled than deal with GB when a return is needed :(

Phil

I bought a gearbest a118c b40c for 32.99 a week ago, it came with firmware version B40S.20170627. I can't find any info on this firmware. I uploaded my sample video here for anyone to comment on the quality. I appreciate if someone could upload a Viofo a118c raw video so that I can compare the quality.

My video was taken when the evening was almost dark, 7pm.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9bzfl4poz7kpx6v/2017_0113_044602_017.MOV?dl=0

it's the copy version, not sure you're going to find much info on it

I'm well aware I was buying the copy version, but I read that some copies are good, some are bad. I'm not sure whether mine is good or bad. To my eyes, it's decent but this is my first dash cam.

I'm well aware I was buying the copy version, but I read that some copies are good, some are bad. I'm not sure whether mine is good or bad. To my eyes, it's decent but this is my first dash cam.

for what you paid it looks like it's doing a good job, if it keeps working then it's a bargain

for what you paid it looks like it's doing a good job, if it keeps working then it's a bargain

That's reassuring, thank you!

Time for me to buy that Sandisk High Endurance.

Cheap cams are a gamble but a few do seem to do OK ;) Let us know how yours does over time so we can see where it fits on that short list :D I've got 2 $35 cams which are doing acceptably well a year later, but TBH I think that this is all I can really expect at this price level.

Phil

My opinion and I think most of the members here are avoiding Sandisk sd cards. Why cant you buy Kingston, Toshiba, Samsung or any other brand of sd card. Its funny how most of new dashcam users choose Sandisk sd card beside all other sd card brands.

Their high endurance cards are fine
If @jokiin said SanDisk high endurance cards are fine I trust his judgement and expirience. I just have mistrust to SanDisk cards and I use Kingston 32GB for last 5-6 months in my Yi dashcam and Toshiba 64GB U3 in WR 1 for a month and no problems with them.
@alphaz You should go for SanDisk High Endurance sd card, sorry for misleading you.

Back