How does Motion Detection work on the A118C?

inspire

Reaction score
Country
United States
Right now I have been powering on my A118C with a Anker 10k mAh power bank while it is parked. I know that the A118C has a motion detection mode on so I was really curious on how to use it.

Do I just set the sensitivity to low/normal/high, then if there is NO movement for awhile it will automatically stop recording? Then when motion is detected it will start again? Or is it not recommended to use?

beter to use a larger card and leave it recording, I wouldn't do that in summer though

Ok thanks a lot, I will just leave it continuously recording.

Ok thanks a lot, I will just leave it continuously recording.

Dont leave recording 24/7, give time to time some rest for hardware to cool down especially when its hot wheather.

@jokiin Maybe you would know....My A119S stopped recording the last 10 minutes of my ride. But the next day it seemed to work ok so just to be on the safe side I tried to redo the firmware update. (did it a few times before on other cams) but it didn't seem to start the transfer process when I inserted the card into camera. Tried the steps maybe 10 times and it did not want to update on cam. (verified card on H2test and is ok. Power on cam was on when it wasn't recording I noticed that when it wasn't recording because for some reason the screen was on even though it was set to turn off in 3 minutes must have stayed on for 30 minutes. I am on the most recent update and maybe you would know why it wont let a reinstall of the firmware.

Last edited:
not sure, can't say I've seen the same before

how is it powered?
powered with supplied cable connected to cigarette outlet. Guess I'll just see if it stops recording again. But should it not reinstall the firmware if all the steps are ok to do it. downloaded firmware from Viofo site (bin)

I'd give it a go powered directly via the cam for a while and see how that goes
will heed your advice thank you. Just to let you know that I have had Two SG9665GC cams running perfect for the last 1 1/2 years never a problem with firmware updates. It was worth the extra money to have peace of mind that the cam works when it should and not stop recording

new models generally have some sort of teething problems, we've had them in the past, will probably have them again in the future, goes with the territory I guess

Dont leave recording 24/7, give time to time some rest for hardware to cool down especially when its hot wheather.

Yeah, I only leave it recording when I am at school which is around for 5-6 hours of continuous use each day, but thanks!

Yeah, I only leave it recording when I am at school which is around for 5-6 hours of continuous use each day, but thanks!
Continuous 5-6h rec is fine.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

not something I'd suggest if parked up during summer though
Yeah, depends on climate region where OP lives. In our mild summer climate here is fine, which might be not ok for other areas.

not something I'd suggest if parked up during summer though

Yeah, depends on climate region where OP lives. In our mild summer climate here is fine, which might be not ok for other areas.

Hmm I live around San Francisco so it doesn't get too hot. I haven't had any problems yet running it even in 85 - 90 °F weather. I think it might become a problem if it is continuously 90+ in the summer but that is not very likely here.

Hmm I live around San Francisco so it doesn't get too hot. I haven't had any problems yet running it even in 85 - 90 °F weather. I think it might become a problem if it is continuously 90+ in the summer but that is not very likely here.

weather, and where you get to park, will have an influence on the effect

Back