"card size limit for video recording "

rs92s1880

Reaction score
Country
United States
I received the mini 0806 a few weeks ago from eBay and it seemed to work for a little while. without changing anything I started getting a message on the screen that says card size limit reached for video recording. the camera never record anything, I have tried different SD cards in both slots I have tried changing the video resolution and a few other things but nothing seems to work. from what I can gather I have the latest firmware edition.

Any help is appreciated

Last edited:
Who is the Ebay seller, and which brand and class of SD card are you using?

Truth be known, there are fake dash cams and fake SD cards being sold on ebay.

And as Nigel has suggested, make sure you're not using a fake SD card by testing it, though this won't be able to tell you if you have bought a fake camera.

Tested all of my SD cards, as far as I can tell they're fine. I bought the camera from foxoffer something or other on ebay. They are not very good. Ebay is stepping in because they aren't stepping up

I received the mini 0806 a few weeks ago from eBay and it seemed to work for a little while. without changing anything I started getting a message on the screen that says card size limit reached for video recording. the camera never record anything, I have tried different SD cards in both slots I have tried changing the video resolution and a few other things but nothing seems to work. from what I can gather I have the latest firmware edition.

Any help is appreciated

I saw that on yesterday with a slow sd card (no class 10 or upper) with 2gb of capacity. Check your sd class, do a speed test with h2testw, crystal disk mark, etc, and be sure you get at least 10MB/s on write. Maybe you have a fake sd card.

I saw that on yesterday with a slow sd card (no class 10 or upper) with 2gb of capacity. Check your sd class, do a speed test with h2testw, crystal disk mark, etc, and be sure you get at least 10MB/s on write. Maybe you have a fake sd card.

the writing speed of 2GB card is tooooo slow. please remember it need Class 4 at least

Yes, I know. I used it to try sd swap. After that I tested it with a 32gb and a 64gb cards. Definitely sd swap doesn't work

I got it resolved by inserting a newer 32 GB Memory Card (I think class 10). Now it works fine.

Thanks a lot guys.

Cheers.

I've a 0805 dashcam bought a 64mb class 10 card and it recorded a journey fine.

But it's now coming up with the aforementioned error message

Admittedly the micro sd card was a cheap one off eBay.

What's wrong?

Forgot to mention the instructions say to use a class 6 card (what's the difference between class 10 and class 6?)

Back