Newbie Questions

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

I've just recently fitted my dashcam.

My manual and box is at home and I'm away for the next week, so I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me with the following questions:

01 - what app do you use to view the footage (I see several in the App Store)?

02 - how do you adjust the actual settings for the dashcam?

03 - is it possible to know if the camera recorded anything in parking mode when you were away

04 - my SD card is not working which I'm covering on another thread, however I was reading online that I might need to upgrade the firmware to 2.1 to use 128gb... however I also noticed that you need to use your SD card to install the firmware... so I guess I need to buy another SD card for the upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi

If you google Blackvue downloads, or http://www.autoblackbox.com.au/contact-us/downloads/ you'll get everything you need regarding apps, viewers and manuals. The manual should be on your SD card, if you've access to a viewer. There isn't a Blackvue app for Windows 10.

When viewing your files, go to the settings menu (little cog on top right), to adjust your settings. Don't forget to save your new settings. On my PC I have to "lift" the page up to get to the save buttons.

Your cam will mark an event (different colour file) if anything happens whilst in parking mode.

Do you really need V2.01 and a 128gb card? As you've probably read on the forum, it's important to use the correct card. It's a good idea to have a spare card just in case you have an event. Then you can swap cards and don't run the danger of overwriting the "event".

If your SD card isn't working it'll still be under warranty - get a replacement. If you have problems with your cam and are not using a Blackvue card, Pittasoft will blame the card for the problems. If the card supplied with your cam isn't one of theirs, it might be a good idea to purchase a basic Blackvue card.

If you decide to upgrade, simply download the files onto your PC, copy them to your existing card and replace the card back in the cam and power it up. Ensure that you've got a copy of your current version, in case you need to go backwards.

Good luck

John

Back