Which models feature HDR/WDR?

DSK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

After having my dash cams stolen (DOD LS430W & Transcend DP100 - were out of sight) from my vehicle following a break in I'm getting some replacements and fancy trying a Mio model along the lines of a 538.

I cannot see anywhere (product specifications, online user manuals) if MIO cameras have the high dynamic range (HDR) or wide dynamic range (WDR) feature. At the price of these MIO cameras you would expect HDR/WDR to be a standard feature in this price bracket.

Does anyone know which, if any, MIO models feature HDR or WDR?

the MIO models don't seem to get a lot of love around here, not sure there would be anyone too well versed on the features unfortunately

I should add if you do buy one it would help if you can add a review or give your thoughts on it, might help others later on

Hi folks!

Apologies I will find a newcomers or welcome section.
I have used dash cams for many years from a range of brands and price brackets. I have a number of online reviews and other write ups so will find the relevant areas to share/comment in due course.

Sorry, why do the MIO cams receive little love?

I quite like the 130 degree viewing angle (personally) and the F1.8 aperture and HDR works very well on the Transcend and thought a MIO of similar spec would be worth trying.

As the DOD LS430W is no longer available and issues reported with the DOD LS460W, I have replaced it with a Nextbase 420G. So just need to replace the others now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update

I contacted their UK distributor and sent some emails to which no one could confirm if the camera supported WDR/HDR.

As a result I replaced the stolen Transcend Dp100 now with an E-prance Mini 0805 simply due to its function being for the rear windscreen in a clean, compact and discreet manner.

My Mio MiVue 658 (wifi) supports 1080p HDR 30fps

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
HeePee Mio MiVue 0
Back