Firmware for SGZC12RC V2

Com69

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
1 SG9665GC, 3 SGZC12RC
I have a few questions in preperation of getting a SGZC12RC. I like to have a plan.

Do all the V2's come with the latest firmware? Is there even more than one version of the firmware? If there are different versions, where can they be downloaded from and is the upgrade process the same or similar to the GC model? Also, what's the largest capacity microsd card supported? On the specs it states 128GB, but I've read it can use a 200GB card.

Those are all the questions I can think of for now, might have more later. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Will come with the current firmware version installed, process is different to the GC, some users have reported that the 200gb cards work but no extended testing on that at this stage

Thanks for the quick answers.

Another question, will there be future firmware updates? I got a SG9665GC about a week ago(from Pier28 on Amazon), and it came with SG20160323.V2, there have been 11 or 12 revisions since that one. Is the firmware for the SGZC12RC getting that much attention? Or is it just that good to begin with? I guess I just want to make sure I'm not going to be buying the red-headed stepchild of the Street Guardian family.

Btw, love the SG9665GC, using it as a rear camera right now. Bought it for it's ability to track speed, but am really impressed with it overall. Would have put it up front but it's a smidge big for my taste. Using the generic mg600 up front now, but already promised it to one of my kids once I can get the SG version with better lens, hardware, firmware, etc. Which is why I'm jonesing so hard for the RC.

We are still doing work on the RC but it's also a more basic product in its functionality so a bit less involved

@jokiin Can you share what has been fixed/changed in trunk/master that hasn't been released yet?

ok, we've done a couple of changes since that version but not quite ready yet, still some other things we're working on

Can you share any details? What has been changed so far?

Is the next release just bug fix only?

yes they're bug fixes, some small image related adjustments, a g-sensor calibration issue, an adjustment to one of the recycle options, we're still working on another fix that is needed

Any ETA on a release of updated firmware? Just ordered a SGZC12RC from Pier28 a day or 2 ago.

Next time I get a chance I'll check. That car's been put away for the winter but I'm hoping to have it back out next month so I've been thinking about the cams. Prepping for when I finally get to break my baby outta storage jail.

Next time I get a chance I'll check. That car's been put away for the winter but I'm hoping to have it back out next month so I've been thinking about the cams. Prepping for when I finally get to break my baby outta storage jail.

no problem, let us know when you do

Checked today, 1.01.05.

I took a pic of the about page when I checked. I knew I'd forget by the time I got around to posting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 19
will check and let you know, I'm in Hong Kong right now and won't be able to look at it until next week when I'm back in China

Back