Finally Setup... Final Questions

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi,

I've finally got my camera up and running... thanks to all of you who helped me, it is much appreciated.

I have some final questions:

01 - i noticed the LED was flashing in parking mode, which i have turned off... i'm not if i should have it on or off, as maybe it attracts attention... what's your view on this?

02 - what do each of the settings N E P M stand for... i can't find anything online?

03 - i have a 128gb sd card, so how much recordings / hours will i get before they start to write over each other

04 - what are the best recording settings to set to... i only need the footage for security purposes so i presume i don't need full hd?

05 - what's difference between each of the recording settings from a file size / storage point of view

Thanks once again for your help... it is much appreciated.

Think you'll find N E P M would be something like Normal, Event, Parking, Motion
Thanks, yes i was thinking that, but i don't understand the difference between them all:

Normal: i presume is normal recording
Event: what constitutes to an event
Parking: i presume this is if the sensor is triggered in marking mode
Motion: i have no idea?

Ok, thanks. So Event is when the car is moved / detects impact?

If so, how does this tie in when parked?

Better to wait for someone that is more familiar with your model that can fill you in on the specifics

Thanks, yes i was thinking that, but i don't understand the difference between them all:

Normal: i presume is normal recording
Event: what constitutes to an event
Parking: i presume this is if the sensor is triggered in marking mode
Motion: i have no idea?

An event is while driving the "G" sensor is activated. This is a setting you can adjust and your camera will give an audible beep (can be turned off as well) Your setting will depend on how many (or deep) pot holes you have in your daily travels.

Motion is while parked.. Your camera will go into park mode if it does not determine movement (of the vehicle). The motion referenced (and activating the camera record function) will be leaves blowing in the wind.. the blinking light of a sensor while parked in your garage.. clouds.. There is a sensitivity setting but it is generally useless and your choices will be either off or on.

Thanks you. Is there a separate status for when your car is in parking mode and there is an event (g sensor)

Thanks you. Is there a separate status for when your car is in parking mode and there is an event (g sensor)
I don't think so.. I "think" the "G" sensor is independant of vehicle movement.

Back