Just Stopped Working

oo7ml

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Apologies that the last few threads are just from me.

I just got into my car at work. I noticed the light flashing on the camera as I walked up to it (parking mode).

I drove home (10min drive)... and when I got home I tried to connect to the camera with my phone (car still on). I realised that the wi-fi light wasn't on. I tried pressing the button the side several times and then realised that no lights were on (rec and gps).

I turned the car on / off but there is still no lights showing. It seems like the camera is dead?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Check if power cord has power.

Ok, sorry for the silly question, but is it possible to do this without a meter?

It is possible but easiest way is to use meter.

Plug it in in a different car if you havent got a meter and also check the fuse in the ciggy plug

There are 3 options of fault.
1. Dead dashcam
2. Issue with power lead
3. Issue with power source (cig.lighter or fuse box fuse)

There are 3 options of fault.
1. Dead dashcam
2. Issue with power lead
3. Issue with power source (cig.lighter or fuse box fuse)

Thanks, this is really frustrating.

Either of the above are not acceptable... so i'll try and resolve it.

Start 1st from checking no.2, then no.3 and then no.1, but for that you need meter which are quite cheap these days.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Yes, thanks. But even if it is a fuse... why did this happen and how can i stop it from happening again.

Depending on how your camera is powered.. something came loose.. your cigarette lighter plug came loose.. or, if direct wired one of your connections is no longer connected. Or.. your camera died.. it happens.

It's direct wired, so i'll get the installer to check this

Back