AV hook up to car Stereo

You're right - it's probably not. :) The screen in the vehicle isn't even close to HD quality, anyways. I'm better off viewing it on PC, Tablet, or Android smartphone.

Thank you for the quick answer. I have heard rave reviews about your fantastic technical support!

I just installed my first dashcam today. I did have to use the screw for the wire cover that mounts over the unit. Is it supposed to only have 3 of the 4 clips? (There are holes for 4, but only 3 clips to mate with them)

You're right - it's probably not. :) The screen in the vehicle isn't even close to HD quality, anyways. I'm better off viewing it on PC, Tablet, or Android smartphone.

Thank you for the quick answer. I have heard rave reviews about your fantastic technical support!

I just installed my first dashcam today. I did have to use the screw for the wire cover that mounts over the unit. Is it supposed to only have 3 of the 4 clips? (There are holes for 4, but only 3 clips to mate with them)

Welcome to the club. I'm not sure I'm following your clip hole question. I'm out of the office until Monday so don't have one to look at. If you think something is defective we'll send out a new cord cover no problem.

yea I think one of the clips is probably missing, which holds the cover on to the base. It's not urgent, and I did get it to to stay with the screw, which is probably better as a theft deterrent anyways. The top top right one at the narrow end has no clip to hold the cover on. It didn't break off and wasn't in the package, but just isn't there for some reason. If that is intentional by design, no problem :)
Sometimes a picture is helpful: (in red)
20160730-Installclip.jpg

20160730Installclip.jpg

Last edited:
Picture isn't loading.(edit, is now) Private message or email me your original order number shipping address and email. we can send you a new one no problem

Last edited:
So since i cant see what the dashcam is doing behind the mirror im thinking of using the AV-Out to connect to either my headunit, reverse camera mirror or satnav.

Can someone link me a 3m cable that works? I tried a few cables and adapters lying around but the pin outs were incorrect.

View attachment 23082
For AV out, I think you are advising this one, probably the black RCA is for video.

(Normally this 3.5mm Jack is used for stereo audio to left plus right RCA's)
Plug format is 3.5mm TRS
(T =Tip= left channel, R=Ring= right channel, S= Sleeve = Ground).

So the audio channel and the video channel are using the same common/ground? :confused: I understand Left /Right audio sharing the same common/ground, but I would expect the video to be a completely separate common/ground.

I ended up making the wiring for my head unit using motherboard connectors. I put in an RCA input and instead of reverse being the trigger, i put in a switch to 12v+ so i have manual control. I was worried the music was gonna be interrupted when i switched it on but it doesnt, thank god.

UCIRMaL.jpg

Vrah3cg.jpg

I made the Video out cable using a spare RCA cable and used the 4 pole connector from my samsung headset.

NeSxVYK.jpg

If you are making your own RCA cable i suggest using a slimline 4 pole jack: https://www.jaycar.com.au/slimline-3-5mm-4-pole-gold-plug/p/PP0134

Last edited:
I just got this Dashcam from Amazon in the UK, When fitting I accidentally broke the exact same lug off, is there anywhere I can get a spare in the UK?

yea I think one of the clips is probably missing, which holds the cover on to the base. It's not urgent, and I did get it to to stay with the screw, which is probably better as a theft deterrent anyways. The top top right one at the narrow end has no clip to hold the cover on. It didn't break off and wasn't in the package, but just isn't there for some reason. If that is intentional by design, no problem :)
Sometimes a picture is helpful: (in red)
20160730-Installclip.jpg

20160730Installclip.jpg

I just got this Dashcam from Amazon in the UK, When fitting I accidentally broke the exact same lug off, is there anywhere I can get a spare in the UK?
Send me PM. I am going to look after you.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Back